Tech / How To

Porsche seat into an office chair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
Porsche seat into an office chair

My son wanted to make a 996 seat into an office/computer chair. I told him I would help, as I was hoping this would be a great father/son project. So we set out and started looking for a fair priced pair of seats. Thanks to a 6speeder in Chicago, we were able to get a pair, reasonably priced, with embossed crest in the headrest, nice! Now for the work to begin. I have had a Recaro executive chair in my office for years which has a nice adapter plate. I thought I'd call a Recaro supplier, get an adapter kit and have this thing wrapped up....wrong. I then thought I'd "googled" how to do this, get a simple set of instructions, wrap it up...wrong again.

So, to help anyone thinking of doing this, my son has put together a list of "step by step" instructions on how to make these Porsche seats into office chairs. I hope this helps.

Here is a link:

http://parzivail.com/blog/porsche-seat-to-office-chair/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:18 AM
SBCRB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Clubrcr
My son wanted to make a 996 seat into an office/computer chair. I told him I would help, as I was hoping this would be a great father/son project. So we set out and started looking for a fair priced pair of seats. Thanks to a 6speeder in Chicago, we were able to get a pair, reasonably priced, with embossed crest in the headrest, nice! Now for the work to begin. I have had a Recaro executive chair in my office for years which has a nice adapter plate. I thought I'd call a Recaro supplier, get an adapter kit and have this thing wrapped up....wrong. I then thought I'd "googled" how to do this, get a simple set of instructions, wrap it up...wrong again.

So, to help anyone thinking of doing this, my son has put together a list of "step by step" instructions on how to make these Porsche seats into office chairs. I hope this helps.

Here is a link:

http://parzivail.com/blog/porsche-seat-to-office-chair/
I saw this thread the other day. https://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-a-Racing-Seat-Into-An-Office-Chair/

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:31 AM
motorheat is on a distinguished road
Very interesting, you are great. I also recently bought a massage office chair that includes a five volt two USB DC jack, so it is very convenient to use it, see https://communityclinicassociation.org/massage-office-chair/]communityclinicassociation.org for more details. The massage mode can be run from an external battery on your laptop. A regular office chair without additional functions cannot be compared to a massage chair in terms of comfort, if you are sitting there on your old wooden chair or a small old office chair and want to upgrade to something softer, a little more comfortable, it may well be worth buying a new massage chair office chair.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-29-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:33 AM
oneday oneyear is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats good idea. But I have already bought office recliner

Old 09-30-2020, 02:00 AM
Dave Marshall is an unknown quantity at this point
I also suggest to buy simple chair for your home. You can buy wall hugger recliner for example. I checked http://thebestreclinersreviews.com/best-wall-hugger-recliners/]here and decided to buy it because I have small room and wanted to buy comfortable chair.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-30-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:30 AM
Alozcarneey is an unknown quantity at this point
Office chair casters are important for the chair's performance and your comfort. Choose the right type of caster wheels for your chair. Desk chair caster wheel options include:
-Tired rubber wheels for carpet or hardwood floors.
-Smooth plastic wheels for hardwood floors.
-Carpet caster cups to protect your flooring.
Check https://www.reclinerland.com/best-massage-office-chair/]this article to know the list of more great office chair suggestions.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-15-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:42 AM
JaxsonHayes is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to bring up this old topic again, but I wanted to say thanks for this excellent link! It's incredibly helpful for anyone interested in doing the same. It's great that you and your son have taken on this together - an actual family project. A few weeks ago, my husband and son also decided to make some garden chairs, and I was interested in watching them. Even though we couldn't make the furniture ourselves and had to buy it from an online store on a trusted site, we have many great memories. It was an unforgettable adventure!

Last edited by JaxsonHayes; 06-18-2023 at 01:28 PM.