Porsche seat into an office chair - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Tech / How To

Porsche seat into an office chair

Old 08-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
Porsche seat into an office chair

My son wanted to make a 996 seat into an office/computer chair. I told him I would help, as I was hoping this would be a great father/son project. So we set out and started looking for a fair priced pair of seats. Thanks to a 6speeder in Chicago, we were able to get a pair, reasonably priced, with embossed crest in the headrest, nice! Now for the work to begin. I have had a Recaro executive chair in my office for years which has a nice adapter plate. I thought I'd call a Recaro supplier, get an adapter kit and have this thing wrapped up....wrong. I then thought I'd "googled" how to do this, get a simple set of instructions, wrap it up...wrong again.

So, to help anyone thinking of doing this, my son has put together a list of "step by step" instructions on how to make these Porsche seats into office chairs. I hope this helps.

Here is a link:

http://parzivail.com/blog/porsche-seat-to-office-chair/

Last edited by Clubrcr; 08-20-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.