Tech / How To

Dension IceLink Install (MOST Porsche)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
scuzy is on a distinguished road
What's the most common location ot install this? I do not have the CD changer in my trunk so i think that might be the most logical location. Do people run the ipod to the main cabin ?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scuzy
What's the most common location ot install this? I do not have the CD changer in my trunk so i think that might be the most logical location. Do people run the ipod to the main cabin ?
If you have PCM put it in the trunk, if not you'll want the ipod in the car as it's almost impossible to navigate from the head unit and there is no usable track display.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
So th DEnsion only works with a few playlists then ?

Old 11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
ukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond reputeukchris has a reputation beyond repute
If you're using PCM you can browse artists and tracks I believe and have full navigation, on a non-PCM (CDR23, CDR24) you have no display to speak of so at best you see "Folder 1", "Folder 2". If you have the iPod in reach you can navigate everything from that instead.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
That sounds pretty easy install. Have you done the GW 500 plus bluetooth? If so how is the quality of the Bluetooth ?

Old 02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
OK I have 2004 996tt with nav. I do not have a CD changer. I did take a close look at the amplifier and noticed that it does have the fiber optics going into it. So my question is, can I just connect the Dension unit to the amplifier rather than the head unit?

If so this will make my installation much easier. I was planning on leaving the Dension unit in the trunk and buying the ipod extension so that I can have the ipod in the glove box or rear center console. I don't think the ipod will like the intense heat of the summers in the trunk.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by torresmd
OK I have 2004 996tt with nav. I do not have a CD changer. I did take a close look at the amplifier and noticed that it does have the fiber optics going into it. So my question is, can I just connect the Dension unit to the amplifier rather than the head unit?

If so this will make my installation much easier. I was planning on leaving the Dension unit in the trunk and buying the ipod extension so that I can have the ipod in the glove box or rear center console. I don't think the ipod will like the intense heat of the summers in the trunk.
You should be able to join it in to the loop at whatever point is most convenient.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:14 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
This makes me very happy. At the amp is very convenient and a whole lot easier than messing around with the head unit.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:06 AM
You mention "buying the ipod extension" - are you sure there is such a thing? I installed my Dension behind the head unit because (having a CDR23) I needed the ipod in the car and I couldn't find an ipid extension cable anywhere.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 PM
They have it for sale on the bumperplug website.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Just a quick update. I installed my Dension unit tapping into the fiberoptics directly from the amp and it works great. No need to remove the headunit. Everything was done in the trunk. Very easy.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM
TexasFly is on a distinguished road
Do you have some pics on the Denon unit installed in your TT? I have a 4S with a similar amp (BOSE) setup and would like to do teh same installation. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 AM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ukchris
You mention "buying the ipod extension" - are you sure there is such a thing? I installed my Dension behind the head unit because (having a CDR23) I needed the ipod in the car and I couldn't find an ipid extension cable anywhere.
I have cdr23 too and the installer set it up so the IPOD connects in the glovebox... this makes it hard to navigate the tracks as I can't physically reach the IPOD...

If I get an IPOD extension cable from bumper plugs will I be able to navigate using the IPOD from the driver's seat?

Old 04-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by B-moreBroker
I have cdr23 too and the installer set it up so the IPOD connects in the glovebox... this makes it hard to navigate the tracks as I can't physically reach the IPOD...

If I get an IPOD extension cable from bumper plugs will I be able to navigate using the IPOD from the driver's seat?
If it reaches the glove box now I'd say that either the Dension is close by and it is using the standard cable or it is already extended, either way you should be able to re-run the same cable to somewhere more convenient. I drilled a hole in one of the cubbies and fed it through there.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
dkichenside is on a distinguished road
The link to the PDF does not appear valid

Hi,

The link to the PDF does not appear valid. Can you relink?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension IceLink Install (MOST Porsche)