Toyo R888 VS Nitto NT01

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:35 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I am having them put on today and i plan on driving them to the autocross events .The events are never more the 20 miles away .I think the NT01 are made to being driven on the street.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LarryP
I ordered the NT01 should be here this week. I think I am going to get new rims and street tires for every day and use the nt01 for events.Do you autocross in new york metro PCA first event is on march 29th.I can't wait.
Only do track events now. Whatever free time I have I go with the family (dad and brother) and try to string together 2-3 days, hopefully maybe even 5 this summer.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Grantsfo will become famous soon enough
BFG R1 is faster than both and works better in AX.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 AM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
Now you tell me I just put the NY01 on !

Old 03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I am going to do a couple of DE events this year for the first time.Plus the new road course at English town is offering a full day with a green license at the end for around $250. See your around.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:47 AM
2MCHPWR is on a distinguished road
the r888 has done well in some cold weather at the autocross events near me.
Don't see the NT01 much though.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LarryP
I am having them put on today and i plan on driving them to the autocross events .The events are never more the 20 miles away .I think the NT01 are made to being driven on the street.
I rephrase from another post I made on this thread. They are not good in the wet and with standing water they're downright dangerous. Made to drive on dry streets but not on wet.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 AM
92tsiawd is on a distinguished road
does anyone know which online stores sell NT-01s? I want to check out the pricing, thanks!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 92tsiawd
does anyone know which online stores sell NT-01s? I want to check out the pricing, thanks!
I've always bought mine from Discount tire. Not sure if they have an online store. I just used the local one down the street from me. With shipping, mounting and balancing I never could see that I would save that much by purchasing online.

Last edited by Al Norton; 03-18-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
BADBRUNO will become famous soon enough
Just ordered a set of R888 for the stock 19" rims. What tire pressure is recommended for DE track?

Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BADBRUNO
Just ordered a set of R888 for the stock 19" rims. What tire pressure is recommended for DE track?
Depends on your skill level and how fast your are going and how much you will heat the tires up to.

R888 are slippry for the 1st few DE's. As a rule of thumb keep them at around 37/38 HOT. Again COLD pressure will depend on your skill level and how much you heat them up.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM
stuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to allstuntman is a name known to all
Like previously stated, both are the same compound but different construction/design. Many people don't like the R888 due to it's "rounder" profile, especially when coming from the flatter RA-1 or NT01. The R888 has a stiffer carcass and needs lower tire pressure to flatten the carcass to increase the contact patch moreso than the NT01.

Both tires are very similar in terms of outright performance but with differing characteristics that some may find easier to drive and thus go faster than the other tire.

We've won the 25 Hours of Thunderhill last year in '08 on NT01s in the Achilles Motorsport BMW M3, and I've run the R888 on many cars from street/track to Time Attack cars, to E63 AMGs. All in all, you can't really go too wrong with either option.

Depending on the weight of the car, i've liked mid-low 30's in most cars despite the recommended high 30's-40psi hot.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:49 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grantsfo
BFG R1 is faster than both and works better in AX.
I am on R888's ... super grip, but they don't last long at all (3 track events then toast).

As above, I've heard good things about BFG R1's ... may try this next.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I just ran autocross with the NT01 this Sunday for the first time and they stuck great.As soon as I figured out what pressure to have in them hot (25psi) I could have pushed it even harder. Next time. +1 for NT01 in my book

Old 05-02-2009, 10:04 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
the r888's made so much howling noise i couldnt take it, town fair ( i have friends there) took em back and gave me the NT01's but in a 315/235 combo instead of stock sizes, they are not shaved, very grippy on the street (havent hit the track yet) BUT i lost all responsivness and its feeling very disconnected from the road, is that due to tire size being larger ? i have my sways on soft, i will move them to hard tomorrow. . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Toyo R888 VS Nitto NT01