Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
We are real close to sending my car to Cary Elsinlohr to spread the stance on Killer Angel. In addition, we are going to have Cary install a set of his front uprights.

Here is a couple of pics of what the purin body parts look like after they are installed (front/rear bumpers/hood/fenders and side skirts). We are going to remove our current Techart parts. What do you guys think? This work can be done while S Car Go finishes the motor. The front fenders will allow for 305's and a wider stance. The rears will allow more room for the turbo's and much larger IC's. We would use 345's in the rear.

The weight savings with the purin parts and after adding the larger wheels, tires and width will be about a push. We will shave only thirty pounds. With the wider stance the top speed will be drag limited but, the car would have a g factor in the turns that would be mind distorting.

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
CJV what are you doing in regards to stopping KA, are you going to change to the PCCBs or what?

Old 02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CLS
CJV what are you doing in regards to stopping KA, are you going to change to the PCCBs or what?
CLS,

That was taken care of years ago. She is fitted with full floater 350mm fronts/380 mm rears and racing Le Mans mono block calipers. More important, the ABS accuators and software were converted to the GT3 system which is a much faster reacting system. This allows her to carry her speed much farther into a turn prior to braking.

Last edited by cjv; 02-11-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:44 PM
CLS
Sorry for my ignorance here still learning, but isn't normal to have larger brakes on the front then the rear "She is fitted with full floater 350mm fronts/380 mm rears"?

Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CLS
Sorry for my ignorance here still learning, but isn't normal to have larger brakes on the front then the rear "She is fitted with full floater 350mm fronts/380 mm rears"?
I think CJV ment 380mm fronts and 350 rears...

Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
We are real close to sending my car to Cary Elsinlohr to spread the stance on Killer Angel. In addition, we are going to have Cary install a set of his front uprights.

Here is a couple of pics of what the purin body parts look like after they are installed (front/rear bumpers/hood/fenders and side skirts). We are going to remove our current Techart parts. What do you guys think? This work can be done while S Car Go finishes the motor. The front fenders will allow for 305's and a wider stance. The rears will allow more room for the turbo's and much larger IC's. We would use 345's in the rear.

The weight savings with the purin parts and after adding the larger wheels, tires and width will be about a push. We will shave only thirty pounds. With the wider stance the top speed will be drag limited but, the car would have a g factor in the turns that would be mind distorting.
Absolutely RIDICULOUSSSSSSSS!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cjv
I just returned home (after a week back east) and called S Car Go Racing, all parts are now at S Car Go. All machine work is complete. The motor assembly has begun.
Excellent!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by CLS
My bad.

Last edited by cjv; 02-11-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Absolutely RIDICULOUSSSSSSSS!!!
I guess we'll have the Absolutely most RIDICULOUSSSSSSSS 996tt out there. I have a tendenacy to dance to the beat of a different drum. Just don't try following her into a twisty.

Last edited by cjv; 02-11-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
I guess we'll have the Absolutely most RIDICULOUSSSSSSSS 996tt out there. I have a tendenacy to dance to the beat of a different drum. Just don't try following her into a twisty.
Glad to see you ditching the Techart - I think you are way beyond that. Wide body kit is serious - and very appropriate given what's under her skin.

Last edited by Zippy; 02-11-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:49 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Cant wait to see

Old 02-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Porscha is on a distinguished road
Hey Chad - what is the "purin" stuff? Where is this from? Are they carbon or FG? The wide rears look identical to my wide DP's except that I am not sure if you have a bigger opening for the intercooler in the rear wings. I think the wider track is very appropriate to your car's needs and abilities and the types of driving you seem to want to do. I don't see the top speed reduction as important at all.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:15 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
The new bodywork is stunning. It's what KA needs to to make use of all that power. Isn't running 305's in the front a bit too much? I'm not talking steering feel, grip or weight, just an observation.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Porscha
Hey Chad - what is the "purin" stuff? Where is this from? Are they carbon or FG? The wide rears look identical to my wide DP's except that I am not sure if you have a bigger opening for the intercooler in the rear wings. I think the wider track is very appropriate to your car's needs and abilities and the types of driving you seem to want to do. I don't see the top speed reduction as important at all.
I may be spelling it incorrectly. I believe it is the same material as used by Porsche to make the front and rear bumpers. I believe the parts are manufactured in the UK. Cary Elsinlohr (sp) would know all the particulars. He will be doing the body work and refining the suspension.

Last edited by cjv; 02-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 AM
CLS
Originally Posted by cjv

Chad-KA is really starting to take shape, funny how the pictures make the car look like its blue? I love the rear shot the last picture can't wait to see her with her dancing shoes on!

CLS,

That isn't a pic of KA. It is another car Cary has done. He sent me some pics to show what is done at various stages. I intend to have S Car Go ship her to Cary this month.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring