Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
As a side note. If anyone is looking for a Techart Type II front bumper, Side rockers, Stats for the rear IC exhaust vents and splitters for the IC intake vents, let me know. They will be available in about 1-2 months.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Buddy ............ I know it has been a very long time. However, when we look at what we have, compared to what is out there ...... the time line is understandable and it will be well worth the wait.

In the long run everyone will benefit. We have seen the benefits of free breathing heads. Just wait and see the advancements coming on the ecu's and cams. The reformed combustion chambers and ceramic coated chambers/exhaust ports are going to be real interesting as will the reduced crank journals and oval bearings. We also believe the GT35RS turbo's have some interesting advantages over the GT35R's.

Oh well, we'll see.
Just giving you crap, somebody has to! Can't wait to see this project completed and the performance of this machine!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Porscha is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cjv
I may be spelling it incorrectly. I believe it is the same material as used by Porsche to make the front and rear bumpers. I believe the parts are manufactured in the UK. Cary Elsinlohr (sp) would know all the particulars. He will be doing the body work and refining the suspension.
Could this be PU RIM (Polyurethane Reaction Injection Moulding)? I believe this is the process most car manufacturers use for flexible bumpers. Are the fenders carbon?

Old 02-13-2007, 09:57 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porscha
Could this be PU RIM (Polyurethane Reaction Injection Moulding)? I believe this is the process most car manufacturers use for flexible bumpers. Are the fenders carbon?
I asked some additional questions today. They are PU RIM/Kelvar/CF composite. I was told they are light, have good ridgity and are strong. They were refered to as street cf.

Also, they are coming from Germany, not the UK.

Last edited by cjv; 02-13-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
The impellars are a little larger and they are made of a very light weight material as compared to the GT35R turbo.
Chad, congratulations on your most recent progress. Your car will be literally one-of-a-kind and will truly be setting the standard for a very long to come in regard to modified Porsches. It's really mind-blowing how much time, thought, and effort you've put into KA.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-15-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:02 AM
cjv
Well, assembly has started. Above are the assembled heads with all their tricks. Can you identify any of them? S Car Go sent the cams and related parts to Protomotive for assembly. They require a special Protomotive tool. Should have them back in about ten days.

In addition, next week the body is being sent to ERP for some very special front uprights, additional suspension work and the wide body install. This work will require about five weeks.

We are going to have a set of center lock wheels made up. The width of the fronts will be 11.5" and the width of the rears will be 13.0".

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 PM
cjv

Last edited by cjv; 05-18-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Haven't checked in for a while but it looks like some sweet updates have been made You seeing light at the end of the tunnel yet? Very bright light at that...

Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by sharkster
Haven't checked in for a while but it looks like some sweet updates have been made You seeing light at the end of the tunnel yet? Very bright light at that...
sharkster,

It's getting closer but not close enough. Because of my cams the Porsche cam tool will not work for assembling and setting up the cams. Todd Knighten of Protomotive already made a tool so S Car Go decided to send certain parts to Todd for assembly. Todd says he will get to it and have it done in less than a week, then we have a week over and a week back in shipping.

My best guess and it will probably be wrong as usual is S Car Go will have the motor ready to install in the car in thirty days. Then another thirty days for header, Y pipe, intake and IC modifications and manufacturing. After all this the car gets shipped to Protomotive where the motor is removed, placed on the engine dyno, broken in and tuned.

So if all goes well .............. 90 days to running and then off to ERP where Cary will work some of his magic on the suspension ...... another 30 days.

Last edited by cjv; 02-20-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
After all this the car gets shipped to Protomotive where the motor is removed, placed on the engine dyno, broken in and tuned.
Well Done!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by cjv
the car gets shipped to Protomotive where the motor is removed, placed on the engine dyno, broken in and tuned.
And then I fly in with a LARGE cashiers check to pick up KA.....

Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chad my man congrats.....I can't wait to come and see this!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
And then I fly in with a LARGE cashiers check to pick up KA.....
Do you think Protomotive can handle the worlds first 996tt motor with an other than stock intake cam? I hope it doesn't take Todd that long!

Some people are already trying to learn what our cam profiles are.

Last edited by cjv; 02-22-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:58 AM
werksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to beholdwerksracer is a splendid one to behold
CJV,
I sure wish I was smarter about 'motors & stuff'

so that I understood more about all of your postings, which I still appreciate by the way.

I have 2 questions for you:

1) when did you change the Title of this thread to Include,
In Memory of Captain Michael J. Maring, and Who is that??

2) I've often wondered what your Original Thoughts were when you started this KA project?
For instance, it seems like you are going to use some of the Best Tuners out there... S Car Go, Protomotive & Cary(suspension). I wonder if that was part of the project from the beginning, to have a 996TT built up using only the Finest Tuners available?

Like so many have said in the past, Thanks for Sharing the details of this incredible Porsche!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:40 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by werksracer
CJV,
I sure wish I was smarter about 'motors & stuff'

so that I understood more about all of your postings, which I still appreciate by the way.

I have 2 questions for you:

1) when did you change the Title of this thread to Include,
In Memory of Captain Michael J. Maring, and Who is that??

2) I've often wondered what your Original Thoughts were when you started this KA project?
For instance, it seems like you are going to use some of the Best Tuners out there... S Car Go, Protomotive & Cary(suspension). I wonder if that was part of the project from the beginning, to have a 996TT built up using only the Finest Tuners available?

Like so many have said in the past, Thanks for Sharing the details of this incredible Porsche!
Mike was my best friend. He passed away on 6-16-04. I spoke about it in this thread at the time on. The thread started on Funcars and quickly moved over to Rennlist where it had over 50 thousand views. When I left Rennlist the thread had a large following and the thread continued here at 6 Speed at Darrens request. Actually the title was cjv/ s car go. It was changed about six months ago because s car go is not a forum sponser and I didn't want special treatment so I requested DArren to chance the title. It was changed to cjv's turbo. I changed it because I wanted something special to honor Mike's memory.

As for history. The thread was started in July 2001. The car was shipped directly from Porsche to Renntech, then to me in Calif., from there it went to The Racers Group and then to S Car Go, Performance Developments and Protomotive. Todd Z at EVOMS has also provided some special parts as has Steff from Europipe.

You are going to laugh, but when the project was started, the Holy Grail was 500 hp.

Last edited by cjv; 02-23-2007 at 01:56 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring