Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WISHEN
Chad:

So disappointed to hear. I check this site daily just to look for a KA update.

I don't own a Porsche or know much about tuning, so I rarely post. However, I love the passion behind the porject (same with VR's projects).

Would you (or you two) consider creating your own site/blog/etc., so that those that would like to follow the projects can keep up to date. You guys could have total control and be the only posters, etc.

I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I agree that 6speed has changed. I began reading the site in July of 2003 and registered shortly thereafter, although I lost my orginal screen name aftee the site redesign.

So, I urge you to reconsider and/or consider other ways to allow enthusiasts to still be kept abreast of this project and future projects. VR, this goes for you, too.

Highest regards,

David
David,

Being a mod means checking posts everyday. By resigning I don't have this responsibility anymore. This means I won't be around as often. I still intend to post updates as ERP, S Car Go Racing and Protomotive get certain things done.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
I agree it certainly is not the forum it once was, unfortunately.
However there are quite a few of us that have been here pretty much from the beginning that have found this incredible journey of Chad's to be absolutely fascinating and an amazing learning experience.
I think I've learned more about my car from this thread than any other single source.
It's a shame that a couple of A-holes are ruining it for the rest of us.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmmm, I, for one, hope you will reconsider....most people on most internet forums are faceless blowhards hiding behind a monitor........this forum seems to have less of that than so many of the others.....we can't afford to lose any of the "Good guys".....

Chris

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Thank you...This is not the forum that it once was...people like you will hopefully make 6speed a better place....I on the other hand am leaving...once I finish writing my good bye...I will make my final post on this forums.....I did meet some great people that will remain friends for a long long time...

Old 04-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What's ther risk of being a little more pro-active with banning?

Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bruce
I agree it certainly is not the forum it once was, unfortunately.
However there are quite a few of us that have been here pretty much from the beginning that have found this incredible journey of Chad's to be absolutely fascinating and an amazing learning experience.
I think I've learned more about my car from this thread than any other single source.
It's a shame that a couple of A-holes are ruining it for the rest of us.
Bruce,

I will still be posting as things happen with KA. Nothing is ruined. Instead of being on the forum everyday it might be every other day or every third day.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by Zippy
What's ther risk of being a little more pro-active with banning?
Mike,

I'm not sure what you meant by that?

Old 04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
chad

after the engine assembly how long wil it take to tune KA

im glad it is almost done.. your journey is worth it..
more pics when u get the time..

Old 04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by 02barebones996
chad

after the engine assembly how long wil it take to tune KA

im glad it is almost done.. your journey is worth it..
more pics when u get the time..
Actually there is a little more involved. Rob says he will have assembly done in two weeks. Then he is making new intake to the turbo's, headers with waste gates and placing the MAF on the pressurized side. He says this will take a month. From there the motor is being shipped to Todd at Protomotive and he wants two weeks to breakin and tune on his engine dyno.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 PM
CLS
CLS will become famous soon enoughCLS will become famous soon enough
Chad don't forget there's the suspension and body work that needs to done as well...I am hoping for a real 4th of July!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by CLS
Chad don't forget there's the suspension and body work that needs to done as well...I am hoping for a real 4th of July!
Cary already has the front RSR uprights designed to work with the 996tt along with the front adjustable on the fly four way JRZ's and the adjustable on the fly stabilizer bars. These parts will require about one week. The body parts with paint will need about one month. We are planning to send the body to ERP while Protomotive is doing the engine dyno work.

The good thing is we now have all the parts.

Last edited by cjv; 04-14-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Not to change the subject but please post pics of an engine dyno. Never saw one and would love to see what it looks like.

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cjv
...front adjustable on the fly four way JRZ's and the adjustable on the fly stabilizer bars. ....
Chad, I was reading about TEIN(?) coil-overs. They have several systems that are "on the fly" adjustible. Do JRZ's come with this option or did you guys fabricate something to work?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Chad, I was reading about TEIN(?) coil-overs. They have several systems that are "on the fly" adjustible. Do JRZ's come with this option or did you guys fabricate something to work?
Zippy,

Are you talking about the systems that will work with the EDFC?

Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Not to change the subject but please post pics of an engine dyno. Never saw one and would love to see what it looks like.

Aloha

Byron
Byron,

Ruf's engine dyno.....

Last edited by cjv; 05-16-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 AM
cjv
Mike,

This is something that Cary Elsinlohr (carnutt) of ERP makes up himself. He adapts it to the JRZ's. I understand it is very much like what is used on the Cup and RSR.

Last edited by cjv; 04-15-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Bruce,

I will still be posting as things happen with KA. Nothing is ruined. Instead of being on the forum everyday it might be every other day or every third day.

Much appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring