6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Tuning/Modifications (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications-27/)
-   -   KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/tuning-modifications/1112-ka-memory-my-mom-vincee-best-friend-michael-j-maring.html)

Frosty 06-25-2007 12:14 PM

I've never personally met Chad but I've been following this build since the early Rennlist days. I don't think you guys have to worry, Chad gets like this every once in a while cause he's trying to do things that have never been done before :p

Plus, if it was all smooth and easy it wouldn't all feel as though it was worth it.

Chad, from a long time reader, I look forward to you completing the build :D

vincentdds 06-28-2007 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by cjv
I just looked and it was back on April 23rd that my heads and liners were suppose to be sent out to be o-ringed. That was 52 days ago and still counting.

I've lost all interest in this project. It's time to religate this project to a time capsule in the warehouse. Time to move on. Sorry it is ending this way.

NO NO say it isn't so....:(
My 993TT rebuilt project have also been going on for 2+yrs as well. Every now and then I read your thread and it inspired me to keep going. I'd sincerely like to see this project completed before mine.

Duane 07-03-2007 04:38 PM

I have no doubt that Chad could complete this project. Chad is the one who inspired me back on Funcars in early 2001 and he had me order 40k of mods before my car had arrived. We also both owned the first Techart type 2 kits in the country. His car has been an inspiration for many and it would be a shame to walk away now. If I were you Chad I would send it to Protomotive and let him finish it. Call me when you can.

dgussin1 07-03-2007 05:17 PM

you've got to finish it! Just send it to another shop and let them get er done! Promotive sounds good.

cjv 07-03-2007 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by dgussin1
you've got to finish it! Just send it to another shop and let them get er done! Promotive sounds good.

I am still awaiting Protomotive to return my heads and liners with the o-ring work completed. hilarious I'm also awaiting the return of my axel.

I'll finish her someday ............. just not in the near future. Honestly, I've forgotten about her for now. You would be surprised at the aggravation it has relieved. :) I'm perfectly content with my decision.

One issue I would like to clarify. These motors, for the most part were ahead of their time. This means the people (they are among the best in the business) doing the work had not done this particular type of work prior. They were learning as they went along. You would be very surprised at the questions that were fielded from other shops. This is the reason so much time was involved. It would not help the situation to use any other shop. To place the blame on any shop would be wrong. I do appreciate everyone's concern and well wishes. It's just I need to forget about this project for awhile. :cool:

sharkster 07-05-2007 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjv
I am still awaiting Protomotive to return my heads and liners with the o-ring work completed. hilarious I'm also awaiting the return of my axel.

Are you saying you never had they axle that was borrowed sent back to you yet:(???

PS Still sorry to see it come to a halt....

cjv 07-05-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster
Are you saying you never had they axle that was borrowed sent back to you yet:(???

PS Still sorry to see it come to a halt....

No, I have not received it back yet. I was told it was being shipped back today. I sent it in November 2006. There was no charges from me. I also requested the return of my heads and liners with the axels as I discovered no work had been started regarding o-ringing since April 2007.

sharkster, I'm really relieved that this project is over. :)

Byronmaui 07-05-2007 09:47 PM

Chad the best of luck with everything and sometimes a stoppage to a project is necessary. In life the journey on the path is sometimes better than reaching the end.
Aloha

Byron

cjv 07-05-2007 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Chad the best of luck with everything and sometimes a stoppage to a project is necessary. In life the journey on the path is sometimes better than reaching the end.
Aloha

Byron

Byron,

I realized a long time ago that was was the case.

Actually a funny thing happened today. Neil at Performance Developments contacted me when he heard about what was going on. He told asked me to send him the heads/liners and a check for $495.00 and he would o-ring the heads and liners and turn around in one day. :eek:

Jimbo 07-05-2007 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by cjv
Byron,

I realized a long time ago that was was the case.

Actually a funny thing happened today. Neil at Performance Developments contacted me when he heard about what was going on. He told asked me to send him the heads/liners and a check for $495.00 and he would o-ring the heads and liners and turn around in one day. :eek:

And you decided to do. . . . . ?

cjv 07-06-2007 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo
And you decided to do. . . . . ?

I am going to let Neil o-ring the heads and liners. That will be it for now.

sharkster 07-06-2007 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cjv
I am going to let Neil o-ring the heads and liners. That will be it for now.

No it won't;)

cjv 07-07-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster
No it won't;)

sharkster,

It will be finished ........... at my own pace and possible with some different people.

Take the o-rings as an example. The heads were sent by one shop without the liners. The other shop received the heads but wouldn't start the work without the liners. Trouble is I had to call to find out they hadn't received the liners and wouldn't start the work without the heads and liners. By the time the liners arrived that shop was going on vacation. At the time I was told the work would be completed by June 23rd. When I called around the 26th I was told three more weeks would be required. In other words nothing had been done.

You can see why I lost interest with this project.

JP-S-St.Louis 07-07-2007 01:47 PM

That is a bad deal all around. It is tuff when you are being told one thing and you later find out that there is a whole other side of the story you are not being told.

I wish the best for you and hope that you can relax and have someone else finish this all up.

sharkster 07-09-2007 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by cjv
sharkster,

It will be finished ........... at my own pace and possible with some different people.

Take the o-rings as an example. The heads were sent by one shop without the liners. The other shop received the heads but wouldn't start the work without the liners. Trouble is I had to call to find out they hadn't received the liners and wouldn't start the work without the heads and liners. By the time the liners arrived that shop was going on vacation. At the time I was told the work would be completed by June 23rd. When I called around the 26th I was told three more weeks would be required. In other words nothing had been done.

You can see why I lost interest with this project.

I understand. I really do. It's unfortunate that things went the way the did though. For something this big you honestly need a "project manager" type of person at a shop that really does the leg-wrok to put all the pieces of the puzzle together and make sure that all the different hands have what they need and when. Not an easy task I know.