Cross-country First Date: Laguna Beach?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Cross-country First Date: Laguna Beach?

My Fellow 6Speed Brothers,
I'm literally flying across the country for a first date in two days. The girl seems extraordinarily cool and there's only one way to find out. Curious about the "insider" places in the Laguna Beach area.

(1) Great, romantic restaurants that are NOT on the radar of the mainstream

(2) Cool things to see/check out/do throughout the day (breakfast to night cap)

(3) Any and all hidden gems that only "insiders" know

You get the drift. I'm a Philly boy that needs to figure out the Laguna Beach area in the next 24 hours. Any thoughts you guys might have would be GREATLY appreciated.

Peace,

DAVID

Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
DDMotorsports is on a distinguished road
The Surf & Sand Resort has a very cool bar literally right on the beach, but it is small and sometimes crowded.

I am not sure where the "insider" places are, but I do go down there quite a bit. The Rusty Pelican in Newport is a great restaraunt, as is Gulfstream which is also in Newport. These places may be busy, but if you can't find out any "insider" spots, at least you can fall back on these .

If your blind date ends up being a horse or a guy, then take it to Fred's mexican restaraunt as they have good margaritas that will ease your pain.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Double Down,
Back from the weekend, but you are the man! First night we went to Las Brisas in Laguna Beach. Second night was lady's choice which landed us at the Surf and Sand. Third night was Mosun. Got some great breakfast spots if you go back: Zinc's and Hautte Cakes. (Those two are in Newport Beach or thereabouts.)

Relieved to say that my date was beyond gorgeous. (Thank you, God!)

Love that town. Thanks for the help!

DAVID

Last edited by TorqueChap; 09-09-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Oh sorry, didn't look at the date lol.

Very nice! Thanks for the breakfast suggestions!

Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Hahahaha. Totally, cool! Next date with this hottie is taking me to Vancouver for a cruise ship ride down the Pacific to San Diego. (Long story, don't ask.) If that goes well, I suspect I'll be back in Laguna Beach soon enough.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Damn, you guys go all out on dates! I must make it my life's mission never to introduce my fiance' to you lol.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Congrats, Double Down!! If work/pleasure ever brings you out to Philly, give a holler. The Philly Crew is a particularly neat bunch of guys. (But the cars are better! Hahaha)

Old 09-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks! Will do.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Concours Motors is on a distinguished road
Torque Chap, I feel bad I just saw your post today! Next time you're out this way give me a shout and I'll make sure you have plenty of places to go!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
Had a phenominal meal today at Charlie Palmers right up the 5 a bit from LB. Weird location (inside a Bloomingdales) but man, the food was incredible.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:03 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
in for pics of the date.. lol

Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
LOL. Sounds like an adventure. GL .