Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires Tires Tires... the MOST important part of your car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Tires Tires Tires... the MOST important part of your car...

Guys
a lot of us sometimes go cheap when it comes to tire purchases..
we all want the most HP, the quickest 1/4 miles, the most G force in a turn., and the shortest 60-0 distance...

so we upgrade our engine, change our suspension to the latest and greatest, and put the biggest 20 piston brake kit on our cars, but then we buy the "costco special" semi decent tire

keep in mind that the tires are the only part of the car that makes contact with the road.

understand that we can improve all different level of performance with our cars, with just the tires on them..

for example, when i picked up my porsche 2 weeks ago, i noticed the ABS was kicking in early,and the car felt like crap accelerating, and stopping.

now with my new tires, i have to try extra hard to lose traction.. .

please... dont go cheap on tires... and always monitor your tire pressure...
personally, i check my pressure every time i fill my tank up (once a week)

stick with the best
Pirelli
Michelin
Toyo
Dunlop
good year
continental
etc

Old 02-23-2008, 04:46 PM
RimsTrafficker is on a distinguished road
The best? You forgot about the originator in the performance tire industry...Bridgestone!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
etc makes the best tires!

Old 02-23-2008, 05:04 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
lol etc is the shiznit

Old 02-23-2008, 07:28 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
please... dont go cheap on tires...
Completely agreed but cheap doesn't necessarily always mean poor quality, nor does expensive always mean good quality.

IMO, it's better to weigh in your intended usage of the tires and car.
If you put extremely expensive summer radials on a dedicated track car, does that mean "cheaper" R-compounds will be a lesser option?
Obviously not but it's just an example to illustrate a point

With that said, has anyone tried Falken Azenis RT-615?
At approx. 40% of the price of PS2s and other comparable tires, I believe they are capable of providing at least 80% of the performance of similar tires.

http://www.falkentire.com/xhtml/tire...egory=2&tire=2

Old 02-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I have my new wheels shipping now, I will have them in hopefully in a couple of weeks....

I've already opted and have the Michelin Pilot Sports sitting here for when the wheels arrive....

-Eli

Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 AM
SPG
SPG is on a distinguished road
a great tire brand is Vredestein .. . great tire for the money and they look sweet

Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Want a job Steve?

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
porscheguy00 is on a distinguished road
I've had a good experience with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. Have been very good so far.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
stick with the best
You post this....but didn't you just go with Toyo T1-R's on your car?

They are definately NOT the "Best".

Decent for the money....but deff not in the top catagory.

JMO

Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
How are the T1-R's treating you steve? They are literally half the price of PS2's of the same size, and i'm guessing that they give you 90% of the performance of a PS2?

I'd be very interested to hear about the wear and if they work at all in the rain.

Seems like a good deal to me... especially when you can go beat the crap out of the tires because you spent the same amount of money to buy 2 sets instead of one!

Cheers!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedalus
How are the T1-R's treating you steve? They are literally half the price of PS2's of the same size, and i'm guessing that they give you 90% of the performance of a PS2?

I'd be very interested to hear about the wear and if they work at all in the rain.

Seems like a good deal to me... especially when you can go beat the crap out of the tires because you spent the same amount of money to buy 2 sets instead of one!

Cheers!
Not sure this is a good question for someone who has only had one or the other.... Best to post a new topic and find out the differences from someone who's had both....

-Eli

Old 02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
i absolutely LOVE the t1-R's
especially because they have a much stiffer side wall

honestly, grip feels about the same, in the rain, the toyo's ARE BETTER
in the dry, PS2s are SLIGHTLY more sticky , SLIGHTLY ! (if it was a percentage, it would be 2-3%)

Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Grantsfo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by REFLUX
Completely agreed but cheap doesn't necessarily always mean poor quality, nor does expensive always mean good quality.

IMO, it's better to weigh in your intended usage of the tires and car.
If you put extremely expensive summer radials on a dedicated track car, does that mean "cheaper" R-compounds will be a lesser option?
Obviously not but it's just an example to illustrate a point

With that said, has anyone tried Falken Azenis RT-615?
At approx. 40% of the price of PS2s and other comparable tires, I believe they are capable of providing at least 80% of the performance of similar tires.

http://www.falkentire.com/xhtml/tire...egory=2&tire=2
I have been running the Falken RT 615's on my Porsches and my AWD commute car for over 2 years. I have been very impressed with these tires and they compare with some of the best. I just bought a set of 245/45/17's for $113 a tire.

The Bridgestone RE01 is an outstanding affordable tire as well.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 AM
JoshBsZ is on a distinguished road
Where's Yokohama Advan???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires Tires Tires... the MOST important part of your car...