Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCW competition?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM
purplenurple is on a distinguished road
CCW competition?

I have CCW 505A on my car right now and might be looking to switch it up. Does anyone else offer high quality forged wheels for a similar price (~$2500 for 19s). I am looking for under 20lbs each, domestic forgings, 19x9 front/19x10 rear.

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
CCW has no competition at the prices.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Actually the pricing for 19's is now around 2700-2800...

Vendors feel free to post or PM me your offerings.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Centerlock is on a distinguished road
I believe CCW wheels can only be purchased direct. Is this for 3-piece or 1-piece?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, direct only, and the $2800 is for one piece wheels. I meant that vendors should post up if they have non-CCW wheels that meet my criteria. I'm looking to go with something different, but wouldn't have a problem giving my business to CCW again if nothing else comes up.

I'm open to 3 piece (brushed face/polished lip) or single color 1 piece (which seems more likely for the price)

Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I would check out Tire Rack, you probably could get BBS or OZ cast wheels for that price, high quality, but heavier than a forged wheel. I don't care for the look of CCW wheels, they just don't have any styling to them at all which makes me believe they don't have any engineering behind them. Looks like they were designed on a napkin, but that's just my opinion.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
There are no proper off of the shelf wheels available for my car...

I prefer simple wheels to intricate ones, as I feel that a wheel should compliment a car rather than take your attention off of it. BTW they use the same forgings as companies like Kleemann, Brabus, Carlsson who charge 4-5k for their MB wheels.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:48 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Centerlock
I would check out Tire Rack, you probably could get BBS or OZ cast wheels for that price, high quality, but heavier than a forged wheel. I don't care for the look of CCW wheels, they just don't have any styling to them at all which makes me believe they don't have any engineering behind them. Looks like they were designed on a napkin, but that's just my opinion.
styling is personal
but to say they lack engineering is false.
the have a lot more engineering than just about anyone short of BBS. and lots of very high hp prototype cars run their wheels, just with the label taken off. most of the fast track guys are on CCW or bbs motorsport. not much else.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM
I don't see anything on the CCW website stating how the wheels are made or what standards they meet? TUV, JAL, etc... Do they do any FEA on the wheel designs?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:02 PM
andrewdr is on a distinguished road
I am selling some Champion RS98, 9"F AND 11.5"R 19"DIA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.