My Turbo 3.6 Custom modification project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
My Turbo 3.6 Custom modification project

I will let you guys on two photos of my cars project for now. I will try to get you more informative photo's and description once i have it.

The car is a 1994 Turbo 3.6 . Modifications are being done by Chris at TurboKraft.

Some of the specs:

* 3.6 TO 3.8 LITER CONVERSION
* CIS-TO-EFI CONVERSION PACKAGE
* COMPETITION VALVE JOB, SET OF 6, INCL. NEW VALVE GUIDES & NEW VITON SEALS
* EXTRUDE HONE 930 MAGNESIUM INTAKE MANIFOLD & FLOW BALANCE PERFORMANCE COAT CYLINDER HEADS,
* MOTORSPORT VALVETRAIN: (8000 rpm)

* CUSTOM JE PISTONS
* CARRILLO CONNECTING RODS
* 996 GT2/GT3RSR OIL PUMP
* TWIN PLUG IGNITION
* INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES
* CUSTOM HEADERS (see photo)
* CUSTOM MUFFLER (see photo)
* CUSTOM GARRETT TURBOCHARGER (see photo)

Attached Images      
Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 AM
sl951 is on a distinguished road
That's quite the mods list
What's the power goals? What EFI system are you using?

I was thinking the same list for my 94 3.6 turbo.... Do you think it would have been cheaper/easier to start with a 993 Twin turbo engine?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
sl951,

The ECU is an AEM EMS, with custom wiring made by chris @ Turbokraft. Give him a call sometime, since he is more informative than i am. The power goals are between 500-600 WHP on (Medium boost).
As for the 993TT engine, i always loved the push of a single turbo over a twin turbo setup.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Mrledzeppelin is infamous around these partsMrledzeppelin is infamous around these parts
WOW. I would like to see some pictures of the intake and inter-cooling set up.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mrledzeppelin
WOW. I would like to see some pictures of the intake and inter-cooling set up.

Mrledzeppelin,

As promised, i will do my best to post any photos i receive ASAP.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
As promised, more photos of the complete headers/exhaust and twin wastegates.

1st photo Project Garrett GT turbo VS. K24 Turbo.

2nd photo custom headers and merge collecter.

3rd photo rear muffler and completed fabrication.

4th photo exhaust routing.

5th photo another cshot of the twin wastegates.

Attached Images      
Old 05-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Famine is on a distinguished road
This is a great project! I'm a big fan of the 3.6Ts (actually, it's my fave Porsche)!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Famine
This is a great project! I'm a big fan of the 3.6Ts (actually, it's my fave Porsche)!

Famine,

Thanks on the kind words. I am glad you are on the same line as i am. I enjoy driving my 3.6 Turbo much more than my 996 TT.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Heades, Exhaust, turbo mounting and wastegate fabrication all done. Some more photos.

Attached Images     
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
the pipework looks beautiful!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
the pipework looks beautiful!

SpeedLimit?,

Thanks for the kind words. I owe it all to the fabricator. He did a good a very good job.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
It is looking fantastic! I hope you will come to the USA to pick it up. This is one that I will have to get a ride in. Love the mods.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gunther
It is looking fantastic! I hope you will come to the USA to pick it up. This is one that I will have to get a ride in. Love the mods.
Gunther, It's always good to hear from you. I hope your enjoying your new job. How was Germany ? As for the car, i will try to make it to the USA to check how the thing drives. I will let you know about that. Kindly, send greetings to the family.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Gunther, It's always good to hear from you. I hope your enjoying your new job. How was Germany ? As for the car, i will try to make it to the USA to check how the thing drives. I will let you know about that. Kindly, send greetings to the family.

Thank you. Germany is great. I just wish I was spending more time there. If you don't want to see how she drives in the USA bring her to Germany so some proper driving can be done. Please also send my regards to your family.

Post some pictures of this beast. We are all intersted in seeing her

Old 06-17-2009, 02:20 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
What size turbo is that? It looks HUGE! Your build is very cool and I'm excited to hear more about it.

Reading these threads makes me miss my old 930.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Turbo 3.6 Custom modification project