Europipe SLEEPER!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Europipe SLEEPER!

I just went to my dealer and had the WE64 and WE66 campaigns done at same time as they installed my europipe.

When I started it up I instantly heard a better tone to exhaust although throughout rpm range I do not hear much difference in cabin, unless I go under a overpass and hear the turbo whistle.

Is this normal? This exhaust is perfect for a sleeper car, but I wanted a little more growl. Does it break in and get louder?
I didn't want an exhaust to wake neighbors, but this sounds a little mellow.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:53 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
There is something wrong...The Europipe should be noticeably different. You should hear a lot more character, pops and gurgles, turbo whistle etc. Have you driven the car for 20 minutes or so to heat the cats up? Once they are hot I can't imagine you even posting a concern here. I'd check it out with your dealer or contact Stef.

Under full load the car is much more aggressive than stock and also I did not notice a change with break in.

Last edited by tommyboy214; 03-29-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
I am driving around in sport mode and feel it sounds like stock. When I put it in sports plus it sounds absolutely AMAZING!
Wish there was a setting in the middle. Don't like redlining it every gear all the time.

Also, is it true that keeping revs high often shortens life of motor and components?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Scarafin is a jewel in the roughScarafin is a jewel in the roughScarafin is a jewel in the roughScarafin is a jewel in the rough
I can't speak for the Europipe exhaust ( although it's probably what I will get myself ), but in all my previous aftermarket exhausts ( mainly Akrapovic ), it can take several hundred km's for the exhaust to 'carbon' up and really develop it's true sound.

Give it a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers,
Scar

Old 03-30-2015, 02:32 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Campaign WE64 will make the car sound significantly quieter, nothing I can do about that. You should ask your dealer but I doubt that such campaigns are reversible.
Take a look at the complains after the WE64 campaign:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...aign-we64.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...campaigns.html

Sport plus sounds great but I suggest that you shift gears at the paddles as redlining for no reason is silly.
Same thing in sport mode: shift gears while under load and it’ll sound pretty loud. The more aggressive you drive the more aggressive it sounds. So don’t expect it to sound loud while strutting along at 1700 rpm or so.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
Campaign WE64 will make the car sound significantly quieter, nothing I can do about that. You should ask your dealer but I doubt that such campaigns are reversible.
Take a look at the complains after the WE64 campaign:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...aign-we64.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...campaigns.html

Sport plus sounds great but I suggest that you shift gears at the paddles as redlining for no reason is silly.
Same thing in sport mode: shift gears while under load and it’ll sound pretty loud. The more aggressive you drive the more aggressive it sounds. So don’t expect it to sound loud while strutting along at 1700 rpm or so.
Thanks Stef!

Finally got to drive her again last night. Around town in normal and sport. It sounds like a minivan. When you put it in sports plus.... It wakes exhaust up and sounds like a tornado screaming down the street.

Perfect for a sleeper car. Not Reccomended for someone who just wants excessive noise and drone. EP does neither. Bc this exhaust is quite until you hit 3-4k rpms. After 5k it's a symphony!

Love, love, love it.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you like it. I knew you would. I actually like the cabin quiet.

I drive in Sport all the time, and I can definitely hear the difference compared to normal. Definitely burbles on downshift without having to be in Sport Plus.