Where do you put your briefcase? Where do you hang your coat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 PM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
Where do you put your briefcase? Where do you hang your coat?

Just picked up my new 911S coupe today (Full post with pics, specs, etc. coming over the weekend. Many thanks to everybody here for excelling configuration advice - car is perfect for me). It has black/beige interior (black dash and deviating carpets, beige seats, full leather). I'm coming from a BMW 335i coupe with grey interior.

Question 1: where do you put your briefcase in this car? In my 335, I put it right behind the driver's seat in the rear seat footwell. There's enough space back there. Plus my briefcase bag is black and my 335 has a grey interior. Not sure where to put it in the 911. there is not enough room behind the front seats. i don't want to put it on the rear seat as it will get scuffed up in no time (not to mention back of the driver's seat). It's also a paint to put it in front passenger seat footwell - then i'd have to come around the car every time. Front trunk is equally painful - lots of lifting and closing. What do you do?

Question 2: where do you hang your coat (sport coat, jacket, etc.)? In my 335, there's a hanging button in the back seat next to the window. I keep a hanger there and put my jacket on it whenever needed. Where do you hang your coat in the 991?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I'm smart enough to afford a 991 but not smart enough to know what to do with my briefcase and coat

Old 05-25-2013, 12:04 AM
fixedupw203 is an unknown quantity at this point
I could be completely wrong but are those things behind the seats meant for hangers because they are completely useless in mine. No hanger can hook onto that thing.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:06 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Any hard luggage is bound to scuff something in a 911 . My rule of thumb is to only place soft luggage in a 911 . There are types of seat covers and pet pads which we happen to use in our Cayenne and M3 (per carriers are like a giant briefcase) but my guess is that you won't want to place these things in a new car . That leaves the trunk and even in those cases a if you accidentaly drop a hard briefcase on the hood (if used daily) it can be somewhat catastropic .

As for clothing .. I fold anything I wear neatly in the rear seat . A wrinkle or two will never detract from the joy of driving a 911 .

Congrats on the car !!!

Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 AM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
The rear seat backs fold flat. Place the briefcase with the coat on top there.

Last edited by LotF; 05-25-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:43 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
There is an anchoring post for child seats on the back deck. You can take a thick wire hanger, bend the hook 90 degrees out of the plain of the hanger, hook the hook on that post, and hook a second hanger on which your jacket is hung on the bottom of the first. Some additional bending can improve how the jacket hangs. With the shelf down, it drapes over the shelf and into the well behind your seat. As a bonus, it helps keep your briefcase in place if it is under the jacket.

Enjoy the car. I love the black and beige color scheme. Can't wait to see pictures. Drive it in good health!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LotF
The rear seat backs fold flat. Place the briefcase with the coat on top there.
+1

I keep my brief case in the footwell of passenger seat btw. Jacket, just throw it on the seat

Btw, I also came from e92 335 TiAg/Grey

Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 PM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
I tend to use the frunk frequently Pretty much anything I need to transport fits neatly in there. That and I am corny and love popping the hood and not seeing an engine. Clothing gets laid flat across the back seats, in folded down position if necessary.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Hang coat behind seat

Brief case in frunk.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:27 PM
cchan will become famous soon enoughcchan will become famous soon enough
I put my briefcase bag on the passenger seat... But I got a bath towel and fold it to lie flat and cover the flat seat part. I have a black interior so a black towel blends in rather easily though. When I have a passenger, I just grab the towel and toss it into the back seat. It's a cheap route compared to a seat cover, plus easily removable. Never hurts to have a towel around either, can come in handy in case it's raining or something.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
...That and I am corny and love popping the hood and not seeing an engine...
Shoot, if THAT's corny, where do I sign up?

Old 01-12-2015, 07:16 PM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Is there an attachment or mod for the seat back hook so that a hanger will attach there?

Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 PM
dc7
dc7 is just really nicedc7 is just really nicedc7 is just really nicedc7 is just really nicedc7 is just really nice
I fit so much stuff in my c4s. Three green military duffle bags containing 50 lbs of gear will fit in the back seats without anything remotely resembling a scuff. I've also hung my dress uniform in the back without issues. I have a cayman now and I'm able to hang things above the engine cover(laying flat).