Might buy this 2013 911 C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 PM
ArmaniSuits is on a distinguished road
Might buy this 2013 911 C

Hey guys new to the forum and I'm in the market to buy a 911 or a cayman s/Boxter s. I came across a pretty good deal while at a dealership here in NY and would love to get yalls opinion. Ide have to get it shipped to Georgia. The out the door price the sales person gave me was 80, and I'm thinking if I can get it under 74 then I should definitely jump on it. It's brand new and the dealership said that they haven't gotten rid of it yet.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! Looks like a nice car! Manual trans too! Nice! Work them a little bit more if you can and I'd say you will be getting one heck of a deal!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:20 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
If they're going to do 80 OTD, which is a fabulous price, why would you think you can get them off another 10%?

Of course, a used '13 could be had for mid-60's retail, so even with the low miles (presumably around zero) that car will be worth $20K less the minute you drive it off the lot. It's still a 3 year-old car.

So, rather than edit what I just wrote, I'm going to say that even though I think you're dreaming at 74K, I agree that it would be the price to shoot for.

Good luck. Update the thread after you negotiate and let us know what happened!

Q: If you are in NY and saw the car, why ship it? Just buy it and drive it home.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:24 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Any idea why it has taken so long for them to sell it? It is three models years old! Since you are in a different state, I guess you can't go see it personally, but if it has been sitting outside at the dealership for 2+ years, I would be concerned that it might have bad acid rain pits/blemishes that are almost impossible to get rid of.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by beemer guy
If they're going to do 80 OTD, which is a fabulous price, why would you think you can get them off another 10%?

Of course, a used '13 could be had for mid-60's retail, so even with the low miles (presumably around zero) that car will be worth $20K less the minute you drive it off the lot. It's still a 3 year-old car.

So, rather than edit what I just wrote, I'm going to say that even though I think you're dreaming at 74K, I agree that it would be the price to shoot for.

Good luck. Update the thread after you negotiate and let us know what happened!

Q: If you are in NY and saw the car, why ship it? Just buy it and drive it home.
I would love to drive it back, but my parents wont let me haha. Also I went and negotiated them down to 77.5 out the door. Still debating on whether or not to buy it. Will update yall with whatever happens. It worries me that no one has bought this car after 2.5 years so I'm going to look more into it.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ArmaniSuits
I would love to drive it back, but my parents wont let me haha. Also I went and negotiated them down to 77.5 out the door. Still debating on whether or not to buy it. Will update yall with whatever happens. It worries me that no one has bought this car after 2.5 years so I'm going to look more into it.
Hmm question, can't you find a c2s for a similar price? Maybe slightly more?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Your parents won't let you drive the car back home? Are you serious? Do you still live at home? If you can't afford to live on your own, how can you afford the car?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by GS997S
Your parents won't let you drive the car back home? Are you serious? Do you still live at home? If you can't afford to live on your own, how can you afford the car?
I'm fortunate enough to have a very loving and successful father. We made a deal that if I get accepted into college with full scholarships then I could get my dream car as long as I put in all the work and maintain a 4.0 in college and continue with my plans of going to medical school. I have loved cars since I was a kid and I'm a Porsche fanatic. (Still am a kid haha)

Old 11-25-2015, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
Hmm question, can't you find a c2s for a similar price? Maybe slightly more?
I'll start looking more into it. I'm being patient and will find the best possible deal before pulling the trigger.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:05 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
I'll start looking more into it. I'm being patient and will find the best possible deal before pulling the trigger.
I overlooked the "new" in your original post. You can definitely find used 991 S' for under 80k. And personally that is the route I would go. Good luck in your search.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:34 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
That car should be in the low 70's assume... I wouldn't really pay above 70k. As others suggested, look for a C2S.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by guab
That car should be in the low 70's assume... I wouldn't really pay above 70k. As others suggested, look for a C2S.
Thanks for the advice I'll start looking at used 991 C2S. Does the S feel much different than the base?

Last edited by ArmaniSuits; 11-25-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:49 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the advice I'll start looking at used 991 C2S. Is the S much different than the base?
Yes, decent.

Honestly though Porsche has an incredible amount of options available on the car during ordering that I would do a lot more research and determine yourself what options you need and desire on the car. Then go hunting.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:16 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Buy it!
Have them include enclosed shipping!
Remember, everybody gets a Great deal.
77.5 is respectable.
Life is short.
Sometimes, you can get too many opinions.