996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Scary moment with the Maxjax!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:24 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Scary moment with the Maxjax!!!!!!

Scary adventure!!!!!! Went full up with the Porsche to see the ceiling clearance after relocating the garage door opener and......Left side post refuse to come down!!!

OOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYY GOD!!!! My car is lower on the right by about 4 inches and I can go up but not down!!!!!! Decided to lower it with the bleed screw to the upper lock pin hole and put the pins in and release the pressure to rest on the pins........ Now what to do..... Went up again just enough to release the pressure on the pins and strange both sides went down together OUF!!!!!!!

After several attempts I discover one of my hose quick release was at fault. I simply switch the hoses and the problem switch sides....

Every time I had a car on the jack (weight required to repeat the snag because when empty the jack operate properly) and every time I press the handle to lower it, the side with the faulty hose refuse to lower. And I realized the hose stay pressurized!

Did a little bit of measuring and the good check valve quick release adaptor pin is protruding by .156" and the one at fault is only .104" . Probably not sticking out enough and when back pressure applied by the weight of the car it closes due to insufficient opening....

I am now waiting for Danmar to see if they will replace this faulty adaptor....

Now I need a beer.....J.P.

Added a picture of my little garage with new floor and new toy, the Maxjax.... Also the adaptor at fault....

Attached Images    
Old 06-25-2011, 06:24 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Dear lord JP, everything is going to happen to you on this car!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pumalex
Dear lord JP, everything is going to happen to you on this car!

, I feel a lot better now Alex....The car is back on the ground

Old 06-25-2011, 07:10 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
That had to be scarey!!! Glad you got it all figured out! Garage looks great! Def getting a lift in my next place!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by raineycd
That had to be scarey!!! Glad you got it all figured out! Garage looks great! Def getting a lift in my next place!
Thanks Chad! If you need any help with your lift just let me know. I can tell you what not to do....

Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Wow, really glad you got it down safely and without any additional damage, I would have been stressing/freaked out.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
I used mine yesterday and was fine The first couple of times I used it I had to bleed it and it took a while for it to operate evenly. I use the Hydraulics only to operate it. I will not leave the car on the lift or work on it without the safeties in place.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by kwei
Wow, really glad you got it down safely and without any additional damage, I would have been stressing/freaked out.
I have to admit that I was, for a moment, really stressed! Thanks kwei...

Originally Posted by adam699
I used mine yesterday and was fine The first couple of times I used it I had to bleed it and it took a while for it to operate evenly. I use the Hydraulics only to operate it. I will not leave the car on the lift or work on it without the safeties in place.
Same thing here. I will not go under the car without the lock pins in place. I also realized how important it is to bleed properly. Even a small air bubble will cause the lift to rise unevenly....

I did the brakes on my BMW and , what a fantastic tool it is! But for a while I need to be confident with this set-up....

Old 06-26-2011, 08:00 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Nice looking garage J-P. Glad that you got the car down ok.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Nice looking garage J-P. Glad that you got the car down ok.
Thanks Jon!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
That floor covering looks like it made it easier to clean up the mess when you crapped your pants. There's no sign of it. I would've had a heart attack. I'm glad things ended well.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Glad that everything is okay!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Come on JP,that's penaut for you.You always solve right everything no matter how tough it is.

Garage looks great,glad everything is OK.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
That floor covering looks like it made it easier to clean up the mess when you crapped your pants. There's no sign of it. I would've had a heart attack. I'm glad things ended well.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by rdss
Come on JP,that's penaut for you.You always solve right everything no matter how tough it is.

Garage looks great,glad everything is OK.

Thank you Rolando!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM
I got a call from Dannmar. I was ask if the quick connectors were gold in color , I said yes. And the support rep. told me that they are aware of a problem with these connectors and they are sending me a different set-up. Only two quick connectors , female and male for the post . And now two "fix" fittings to plug the hoses permanently to the flow divider.... We can say that Dannmar support department is efficient!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scary moment with the Maxjax!!!!!!