996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

"Blue Dream" Minerva Blue 996TT - Journey Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 PM
abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !
I wish I lived in California.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:01 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! That is a nice collection of modified as well as is exotics.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
I live in Orange County and didn't know about this awesome meet. I need to get out more.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Congrats on your purchase. Car looks great!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:35 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlueDream996
#1) There was nothing wrong with the installation job of the Ruf front bumper along with all the required Ruf ducting that was installed as well.

#2) The only /bracket/support that was replaced with a GT2 version was the center radiator.. This is where I got the price tag of $1000, but it was actually closer to $850.. The RUF center ducting is still installed on the car..

PWDRhound.. You having this same bumper, is the center radiator positioned at a straight or upward angle like the turbo set-up, or is like the GT2 set-up where is is angled facing down so that the air can escape through the GT2 style ducts?

The reason the ducting was replaced, was because I wanted to angle the radiator down to be able to give it a better look into the cooling systems that I make.. Now if it was already like that before hand (I don't think it was) then I should have done more due dillegence before allowing the decision to be made/ parts to be installed... All in all, I'm very happy with the way the radiators were installed and how they came out, but if I did something stupid, then I guess it's a learning lesson for future service..
Hey Ravi,
I was at the shop today changing out the front radiator hoses and had more time to look at PET and cross reference some part numbers for you on my RUF bumper. What I found out is that all of my front radiator hoses and brackets have GT2 part numbers including the duct behind the center radiator. The center radiator, which is the same on both the TT and GT2, is canted forward 20-25º and mounted upside down on my car the exact same way as on the GT2. The duct behind the center radiator is a GT2 part. The only RUF parts are the bumper cover, and the three ducts in front of each radiator. My bumper was installed by RUF.

I would suggest you get all your parts back that GMG took off of your car and make sure that they actually replaced anything. They really should not have as a RUF bumper should have all the associated GT2 parts already. Hope that helps...

Last edited by pwdrhound; 04-03-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 AM
BlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really niceBlueDream996 is just really nice
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Hey Ravi,
I was at the shop today changing out the front radiator hoses and had more time to look at PET and cross reference some part numbers for you on my RUF bumper. What I found out is that all of my front radiator hoses and brackets have GT2 part numbers including the duct behind the center radiator. The center radiator, which is the same on both the TT and GT2, is canted forward 20-25º and mounted upside down on my car the exact same way as on the GT2. The duct behind the center radiator is a GT2 part. The only RUF parts are the bumper cover, and the three ducts in front of each radiator. My bumper was installed by RUF.

I would suggest you get all your parts back that GMG took off of your car and make sure that they actually replaced anything. They really should not have as a RUF bumper should have all the associated GT2 parts already. Hope that helps...

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I appreciate all the help, and next time I'm at GMG for a business meeting or service, I'll have a chat with both the gm and tech who did the install. I'll keep you in the loop.. Thanks for all the help, and clairification.

On another note, lined up at a light this past weekend with an orange Mclaren 12C, White Audi R8 spyder, and there was me.. it was quite a show