996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche 996 - Laser Diffuser/Jammer Installation - DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Porsche 996 - Laser Diffuser/Jammer Installation - DIY

Hi all,

Yes, that's right... I think this is the first actual documented on the Internet full installation of a laser diffuser setup in a Porsche 996... we at least I couldn't find one.

http://emeraldapple.wordpress.com/20...front-install/

In Part 1 I show how to do the front installation. I'll update this post when the last two parts are posted... Part 2 is the rear installation and wiring and Part 3 will be the installation of the final components.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Nicely done!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You ARE the MAN! Thank you for such detailed documentation. Great job, and I look forward to the rest.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
No worries. Should have the rest of it done next week. I have a few other projects to do which involve the seats and console coming out so want to do it all at once.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-14-2009, 07:45 PM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Coming to Chicago on business any time soon and want to stay over a day?

Last edited by c2mojo; 03-15-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Haha no sorry, but if I was I'd for sure give you a hand with yours!

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-15-2009, 02:30 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
rep to you...thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey all...

With how the work goes, Part 2 and 3 became one post. There isn't any pictures with the final electrical, but that's not important. Once you have all the wiring ran from front to back the rest is self explanatory.

http://emeraldapple.wordpress.com/20...-final-wiring/

My job here is done..

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
bentlink is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the details. Planning to do the same install.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Nice write-up Aaron! You could have done that TPC SC kit yourself!!

Old 03-27-2009, 09:11 AM
tuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura about
Great write-up. 2 questions for the DIY

i) do you have to calibrate the positioning of the front bumper diffuser and if so how is this done;

ii) did you look into hiding the diffuser inside the air vents on the bumper or is this not possible (have seen this done on Ferraris but with a custom bracket).

Thanks again...

Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
reppie points for U!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by summoboy
Nice write-up Aaron! You could have done that TPC SC kit yourself!!
Was planning to, but the costs on the supporting parts started to get excessive.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by tuonoR
Great write-up. 2 questions for the DIY

i) do you have to calibrate the positioning of the front bumper diffuser and if so how is this done;

ii) did you look into hiding the diffuser inside the air vents on the bumper or is this not possible (have seen this done on Ferraris but with a custom bracket).

Thanks again...
i - nope, I have all green lights. The need to be level +/- 5 degrees from the ground though.

ii - I did, but I didn't like the idea of blocking the air intake into the radiators or drilling into the sheet metal to make this happen.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding an on/off switch... is there a Porsche toggle switch that is a true on/off? I'd like to use one of the blank slots in the console for this feature, but none of the switches I know of are actuall on/off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 - Laser Diffuser/Jammer Installation - DIY