996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Time for Some Body Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Time for Some Body Upgrades

Well I decided my 996 is looking a little dated and I think I'm going to upgrade the look.

I picked up some litronic/xenon 02+ headlights and fenders this weekend and here is what I'm going to do with the body:

Front Bumper (TechArt style): http://precisionporsche.com/imager.p...&max_width=800
Rear Bumper (2011 GT3 style for 996 narrow body): http://precisionporsche.com/imager.p...&max_width=800
Rear Wing (GT2 style for narrow body): http://precisionporsche.com/imager.p...&max_width=800
Turbo style ducts (will be functional intakes for my supercharger): http://precisionporsche.com/imager.p...&max_width=800

PS The ducts will be functional as I'll be creating a route for the air to enter the engine bay where my supercharger air intake is.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Oh and yes, my Aero kit parts are for sale: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...kit-parts.html

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
leapingtigr is on a distinguished road
sound likes a great package...post some pics

Old 10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Will do!

Also have some GT3 Seats and Teq Roll Bar going for sale... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-roll-bar.html

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
I'd go with the Turbo style rear bumper...just like the yellow C2 pictured

Which side skirts???

Old 10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by FLY996
I'd go with the Turbo style rear bumper...just like the yellow C2 pictured

Which side skirts???
Thought about that, but I like the GT3 style. More modern.

I'm going to stick with my GT3 Aero ones. Not a big fan of overstated side skirts and those ones have a decent styling to them. I do like some of the TechArt style options, but the lines are sharp and the car is still in that curvy time, so it just doesn't quite look right for my tastes.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-17-2011, 09:35 PM
tarzancoe will become famous soon enough
How about the older techart ones? for the MKI? If so, I have an extra pair sitting in the garage, got them from fly996, unused. Got two pairs using one.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Pics?

A

Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
ewaleson is on a distinguished road
Why not go all out and update to 997 front end? Great price on your old stuff.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Thought about that... but personally, I think doing the 997 face lift doesn't make much sense as the interior is still old school. Plus, I prefer having steel fenders versus the fiberglass ones. Ya, I know there are some folks selling modified 997 fenders in their kit, but they go up to $9k.

The issue is the headlights, etc as well. Huge bucks, and I got a great deal on the 02+ headlights and fenders.

I'd rather have it look like a modified 02+ than an apparent 996 with a body kit to look like a 997 (as in the interior gives it away).

Again... just my personal preference.

PS Parts will probably hit eBay in a week.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Sold almost all of the parts of my car, sourced 2002 headlights and fenders already (sitting in my basement) that are mint, and just ordered all of my body panels from Precision Porsche today!

Totally excited to get everything and put it together. And of course paint!

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
What is the part number for the front bumper that fits the 01'? i want to change mine out.
Thanks.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm upgrading to 02+ headlights and fenders.

That being said, he has one to fit 99-01. Check his website: www.precisionporsche.com

Cheers
Aaron

Old 10-31-2011, 04:45 PM
PassWithCare is on a distinguished road
side skirts..

it looks to me like you're moving into an MKII look so I would be careful about which side skirt you choose. I see MKII cars around that have the more curved MKI skirts and it just doesn't work. The front and rear bumpers of the MKII were crafted in a more angular design so whatever you choose, OEM or otherwise, should have a similar feel. Good luck.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:04 AM
alpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond reputealpine003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PassWithCare
it looks to me like you're moving into an MKII look so I would be careful about which side skirt you choose. I see MKII cars around that have the more curved MKI skirts and it just doesn't work. The front and rear bumpers of the MKII were crafted in a more angular design so whatever you choose, OEM or otherwise, should have a similar feel. Good luck.
Although I feel the same way, op is getting new aftermarket stuff so it wouldn't look out of place imo with the existing mk1 skirts.

BTW, Some MKII cars came from the factory optioned with MKI skirts. I thought this was odd myself...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time for Some Body Upgrades