996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Door not closing when window all the way up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:53 AM
faandba is on a distinguished road
Door not closing when window all the way up

My driver and passenger doors are not closing when windows are all the way up. It seems that the windows are interfering and not allowing the doors to close. I noticed that when I open the door handle I hear the regulator but window does not go down. If I manually push it down while holding handle then letting go with handle window goes up. I tried to reset the windows but that did not fix it. I read that it could be the micro switch inside the door lock mechanism but I am suprised that both doors have the same symbtomes.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Usually it's a bad regulator if you can push the window down. The cables stretch out over time and even though the motor works, the window won't drop. In your case though. It sounds like there's more to it. Micro-switches may be involved as you suspect. It is odd that both windows have the same issue.

What happens if you push the window down without holding the door handle? Does it still go right back up?

Old 07-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
I agree with Dennis that it's odd that both doors are doing this at the same time. You probably already have, but I'd try resetting it again. Is your battery fully charged? Hope you find a fix.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:11 PM
The window will not move if the handle is not pulled. I will try to open the door panel and see what I find. Thanks

Old 07-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
When my regulator failed, I could easily push the glass down without holding the door handle. When I closed the door, it would move back up to the proper position.

I think your problem is micro-switches or something else. Hopefully a reset will fix it.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 AM
NIKAS is on a distinguished road
I know the sound of the glass of glass is like nails on a chalkboard! Definitely sounds like a window regulator. They do go, and thankfully not expensive, ie <$100. If you have a workshop it can be a DIY. Instructions on Pelican and elsewhere for a Boxster (same internals):

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti..._Regulator.htm

Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
It looks like that on the Right side the regulator is bad since it started to make noise now. On the left side I was able to adjust the height from the two torx screws on the bottom of the door and that seems to work for now.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy the regulator. Thanks

Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
faandba - We offer a few different options for window regulators. For more information Click Here.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 AM
What is the differenence between the Euro and non Euro regulatores

Old 07-13-2013, 01:04 AM
The price difference is almost double