997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Once again trans problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 PM
jessesick is on a distinguished road
Finally all back n "fixed"!!!!! And then this...... Gallon of something...... Hard to tell but it's pouring out

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3941900579.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	488.3 KB
ID:	404549  
Old 10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear still more issues Jesse. Please keep me posted on what you find.

-Mitch

Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Sorry to hear still more issues Jesse. Please keep me posted on what you find. -Mitch
Thanks man this issue is so frustrating... !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Yeah I totally feel you. Please don't hesitate to let me know what I can do to help.

-Mitch

Old 10-21-2014, 05:16 PM
After months now and few transmissions, seem they think that's they only thing that could be wrong the car, it is still doing this..... Pcna said there is nothing wrong with the car anymore.... Won't even watch the well documented videos of the car doing it... No idea what to do..... Car can die any second or even worse in a intersection...

Old 10-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Cuban Cigar KSA
I had this once only on the first gear (on manual shifting) and the traction where off so my car (tuned) and on a slippery road got the trans to slip , i restarted then becomes normal
Did they ever fig out why? My car does it all the time now

Old 10-21-2014, 05:29 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
OP...really sorry to read about your situation.

I know someone posed the question - did you put the car back to stock, at least from an ECU perspective, to diagnose?

If the transmission hard parts, e.g. gears, etc., are fine, which it appears they are from your posts, then something is causing the vehicle to unnecessarily go into "limp" mode. The only time I am aware that this is caused, as designed, is via the computer safety features sensing something wrong, such as the tires spinning out of control and the car going sideways. Porsche has a term for this. If it is happening intermittently on your vehicle at random speeds and acceleration it is baffling that they cannot start with that programming spot first. There may be some stored event in the ECU/TCU that this happened?

I would put the stock tune back in and start there. Have you tried getting a second opinion from another reputable Porsche dealer or shop?

Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
OP...really sorry to read about your situation. I know someone posed the question - did you put the car back to stock, at least from an ECU perspective, to diagnose? If the transmission hard parts, e.g. gears, etc., are fine, which it appears they are from your posts, then something is causing the vehicle to unnecessarily go into "limp" mode. The only time I am aware that this is caused, as designed, is via the computer safety features sensing something wrong, such as the tires spinning out of control and the car going sideways. Porsche has a term for this. If it is happening intermittently on your vehicle at random speeds and acceleration it is baffling that they cannot start with that programming spot first. There may be some stored event in the ECU/TCU that this happened? I would put the stock tune back in and start there. Have you tried getting a second opinion from another reputable Porsche dealer or shop?

Thanks for your time.... 2 dealers have looked now Porsche of buck county and Knopf Porsche in Pennsylvania .... It def only happens during wild wheel spin which would be my guess as to why they cannot replicate....coming from a drifting background I enjoy throwing the car around a shame it won't let me at all... Psm off or on it happens... I data logged it happening on my cobb but it came up with a error code on the file...... The dealer said they see over revs but don't know why ....

Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
This is good news...and bad news. The good is your car is working as they designed it. The bad is with the tune and light mods it goes into limp mode with excessive wheel spin. There should be some experienced tuners who monitor this board that can lend some advice. There are many heavily moded tips around,e.g. tune, exhaust, moded turbos, etc. Those tuners/shops must have created some workaround otherwise those buyers would not spend north of 20-30k to modify their rides.

I would get in contact with some of the major sponsors on this board to determine how they overcome this.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by PSTT07
This is good news...and bad news. The good is your car is working as they designed it. The bad is with the tune and light mods it goes into limp mode with excessive wheel spin. There should be some experienced tuners who monitor this board that can lend some advice. There are many heavily moded tips around,e.g. tune, exhaust, moded turbos, etc. Those tuners/shops must have created some workaround otherwise those buyers would not spend north of 20-30k to modify their rides. I would get in contact with some of the major sponsors on this board to determine how they overcome this.
That's what I've been wondering! I see tons of high hp cars ..... Bumming mine sucks at slightly modified haha