997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Stereo/Nav replacement suggestions 2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:09 PM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
997 Stereo/Nav replacement suggestions 2015

Sorry if this has been discussed at length, i'm having trouble finding a thread that isn't from 2013 on the topic. I'm interested in upgrading my Stereo/Nav/BT/Sat with an aftermarket head unit.

I was looking at the Pioneer 8100NEX. I'm digging the apple play and pandora capabilities. I have an iphone so would like it to integrate with it seamlessly.

Not sure if there is an Alpine equivalent or something else I should be considering.

I also have the Bose system so obviously needs to integrate with that. Not looking to go crazy, i'm not that nutty of an audiophile and think the current speakers are fine. Whether i need a different amp or not, i'd prefer not to get one if unnecessary.

Thx inadvance

Old 05-05-2015, 06:15 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n6-review.html

I'm pretty happy with this unit, was right about a grand too. Plus it looks pretty OEM.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Alpine

Hi,

I have this for sale if you are interested, send an e-mail...manuel@forlifebrands.com

Old 05-06-2015, 08:02 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Call dely ray customs for the pioneer unit and everything you need for it. That is the best thing on the market now.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 PM
toddl is a name known to alltoddl is a name known to alltoddl is a name known to alltoddl is a name known to alltoddl is a name known to alltoddl is a name known to all
+1 on DelRay Customs. Just installed the Pioneer in my 997 and all went smooth. So far I really like it. Also integrated a JLAudio amp and dual JLAudo subwoofers. Now the system really rocks.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 PM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Call dely ray customs for the pioneer unit and everything you need for it. That is the best thing on the market now.
Originally Posted by toddl
+1 on DelRay Customs. Just installed the Pioneer in my 997 and all went smooth. So far I really like it. Also integrated a JLAudio amp and dual JLAudo subwoofers. Now the system really rocks.
yeah they are on the west coast, i'm in NJ, however i did call them in the past and they want retail prices for this stuff. The NEX8100 can be had for $900 on Amazon. I just need to find a good shop in NJ that can do the install. I don't feel like doing this one myself.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:13 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If you don't mind going to the city, Gus at tecknik1 has done a ton of those, very reasonable too.
C

Old 05-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
If you don't mind going to the city, Gus at tecknik1 has done a ton of those, very reasonable too.
C
Thank ya, just emailed them! Need to replace my center console as well since my CF is cracking. Might knock it all out in one shot, or consider DIY

Old 05-06-2015, 10:14 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'll Pm you his number.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I bought the AppRadio 4 specifically for CarPlay ... tho, I am not using it and a bit disappointed ... for the only reason that you will not get any audio notification for for any non carplay applications while your phone is plugged in ... (whatsapp, messenger, outlook, etc.)

I'm hoping that they have this figured out soon ...

Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I bought the AppRadio 4 specifically for CarPlay ... tho, I am not using it and a bit disappointed ... for the only reason that you will not get any audio notification for for any non carplay applications while your phone is plugged in ... (whatsapp, messenger, outlook, etc.)

I'm hoping that they have this figured out soon ...
so you don't like it because the music is not constantly interrupted with notification sounds of incoming messages and social media alerts?

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I'll Pm you his number.
thanks will call!

Originally Posted by prodigymb
so you don't like it because the music is not constantly interrupted with notification sounds of incoming messages and social media alerts?

Old 05-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by prodigymb

I don't like it because all notifications on my phone are muted. I'm not saying that notifications should be sent to the car speakers ... just through the phone speaker itself.

My primary form of communication is messaging, not the actual phone nor SMS.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:33 AM
So it looks like a install of the NEX8100 runs about $2400. I'm shocked that the optic cable connection costs almost as much as the NEX unit. Cables cost $650 when the NEX unit on Amazon is $900. That puts a nice dent in the budget.

I was quoted

$1200 for the Stereo
$650 optic cables
~$300 labor
$200 for housing

Need to keep shopping around... I could have sworn last time I looked into this the optic cable weren't nearly that much.

Last edited by IbanezGod; 05-07-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:26 PM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
So saw you reached out to Gus - his work is great and he installed the Pioneer unit in my 2007. Just a perfect replacement for the old PCM. His work is fantastic and any followup service is awesome.

Some things to note - the Apple play does not work with Pandora and Waze - basically what you see on the screen shot you put out there is what you get.

However - when you plug your phone in - its boots up Apple Play. Then you can have that running in the background while using Pandora and Waze. In fact - you can have Apple Play up, then hit 'mode' switching to Pandora - where you can thumbs up thumbs down on the head unit.

Cool features are the text messages / appointment reminders / and general todo reminders - if it pops up on your phone it pops up on the screen.

Let me know if any questions, but you won't go wrong with this unit and the work that Gus does.

Originally Posted by IbanezGod
Sorry if this has been discussed at length, i'm having trouble finding a thread that isn't from 2013 on the topic. I'm interested in upgrading my Stereo/Nav/BT/Sat with an aftermarket head unit.

I was looking at the Pioneer 8100NEX. I'm digging the apple play and pandora capabilities. I have an iphone so would like it to integrate with it seamlessly.

Not sure if there is an Alpine equivalent or something else I should be considering.

I also have the Bose system so obviously needs to integrate with that. Not looking to go crazy, i'm not that nutty of an audiophile and think the current speakers are fine. Whether i need a different amp or not, i'd prefer not to get one if unnecessary.

Thx inadvance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Stereo/Nav replacement suggestions 2015