997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Which Aero Kit is the Best?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Which Aero Kit is the Best?

Need some opinions on what the best complete aero kit on the market is for the 997 turbo?

Liberty Walk:

Product Information
LB WORKS is known to be the most High-end brand within the LB PERFORMANCE body kit line. The LB WORKS philosophy was based similar to the 70s Nissan Works race team where lowered over fender sports car were common. LB WORKS concept was to combine the idea and apply it to modern Supercars. All of Liberty Walk's customization is designed to complement the original body line. By doing so, Liberty Walk aims to take ordinary model to the next level, giving a top-notch, unique styling to each vehicle.

MORE INFO/PICS HERE

Techart GTstreet Aero Kit 997.2 look.

Product Information
The TECHART program is exclusively developed by their designers, engineers, technicians and model builders. Working closely together, the team designs, builds prototypes and tests the parts in the wind tunnel until each item is approved for road-legal use and launched for the worldwide market. Every component is manufactured from select materials to exacting quality norms.

MORE INFO/PICS HERE

Techart GTstreet RS Aero Kit 997.2 Look

MORE INFO/PICS HERE

Techart GTstreet R Aero Kit

MORE INFO/PICS HERE

Vorsteiner V-RT

Product Information
Vorsteiner's Autoclaved Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber structure gives their parts superior stiffness, aerospace strength & durability compared to traditional hand laid carbon fiber composites.

MORE INFO/PICS HERE

Ordering

Phone:
You can reach me directly by calling 480.966.3040 ext 246 to
place your order over the phone.

Payment Methods:
We accept payment via Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, Mastercard,
Discover, American Express), Paypal, Bank Wire Transfer, and
Bill Me Later. We welcome all forms of payment for United
States and Canada. For international clients, we require
payment via Paypal or bank wire transfer.

Shipping:
We ship all over the world, and offer very competitive rates
in doing so. The majority of our shipments are shipped fully
insured via FedEx, however we do utilize UPS, DHL, and
various freight companies as well. The most effecient
shipping method is always chosen. Expedited shipping is
available per request.

Hours of Operations:
Here in Arizona, we do not have Daylight Savings time. As
such, our hours of operations are as follows:

March-October: Monday through Friday 9am-6pm PST
November-February: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm PST

We are closed for business Saturday and Sunday.

Contact Info:
Phone: 480.966.3040 x246
Email: austin@vividracing.com

Feel free to contact me via PM, email, or phone if you have
any questions.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:46 PM
kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !kbhaw Is a GOD !
i would do techart or liberty

Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Porsche OEM aero kit always the best over all those

Old 08-20-2015, 09:21 AM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Techart is just awful. Very unappealing.

The liberty walk kit is cool for a full out bonkers kit, but obviously it turns your classy 997 into a very different kind of car. Snaketits' car looks incredible.

The vorsteiner kit isn't bad. Adds something to the car without drawing entirely too much attention to itself.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:59 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Oem is the only way to go(proven & tested) i wouldn't trust any of these kits at high speed which is what are cars our made for.I've heard the VT kit specifically the front bumper is no good if you start tracking your car, it causes overheating issues because of poor design.Not a fan of the TA kit it's just looks too big 80"s to me.I do like the LW one currently, but there's no going back to stock once you start cutting up your car for that kit & it's bound to out of style in the near future.Name:  100_0850.jpg
Views: 28700
Size:  108.3 KB

Old 08-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
I do like the LW one currently, but there's no going back to stock once you start cutting up your car for that kit & it's bound to out of style in the near future.

This is true, with LW its no going back and if it goes out of style(everything does) Oh well! Unless you plan on keeping that car for another 20 years when it becomes "retro" and cool again.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
I like the VRT except the front bumper. It's too angular like the cheek guards on an old roman helmet or something. There were pictures online of a prototype version of the VRT front bumper with more rounded inlets. That one looked great but I'm told it was never produced in favor of the angular ones.

I like the LB as well again except for the front bumper. The two vented areas in front of the front wheels is too exaggerated in my opinion. It looks like the front splitter is floating and I don't like that. If I got that kit I'd be tempted to paint those vents in the body color.

This is the VRT curvier vent picture I was referring to. The upper corners seem rounder? Or is that an optical illusion?

Last edited by Zero911; 08-20-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Corrected mistake. Added picture of prototype VRT front bumper.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:53 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
i went w/ the champion weeks 1 pieces..their 3 aero pieces (front lip, rear wing, and rear diffuser) are proved, highest quality, and only enhance the look of the car instead of trying to make it look like something else

just my 2 cents

Old 08-21-2015, 06:34 AM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
are they "aero" kits or body kits? I can't imagine much time was spent in the tunnel or with CFD.