997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lost sound on stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 11:37 AM
agentf1 will become famous soon enoughagentf1 will become famous soon enough
Lost sound on stereo

Has anybody else lost the sound on your stereo. Everything appears like it is working but no sound. Second time this happened. Both times were after I sent a text, not sure if ti is a coincidence or not. Thoughts, SW update needed or is it a bad head unit?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:00 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Almost the same problem except I lose everything but the bass speaker. Seems to happen after I have had the car running and shut it off with the radio still on. Start it back up after a few minutes and nothing but bass. If I turn the radio off before I shut the car off the problem doesn't seem to happen.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PTParks
Almost the same problem except I lose everything but the bass speaker. Seems to happen after I have had the car running and shut it off with the radio still on. Start it back up after a few minutes and nothing but bass. If I turn the radio off before I shut the car off the problem doesn't seem to happen.
Now that's just strange!

Old 01-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Cohiba is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PTParks
I have / had the same problem. It seems to occur after the PCM is on radio or usb for 1+ hours. The first time it happened I turned it off and it didn't go away until I parked the car and got back in a few hours later. The second time (after a few days) I just let it play with only the bass and then after about 20 minutes the other speakers restored back to normal. Still haven't figured out what caused it. Maybe some internal circuit breaker in the amp that self resets is my guess. I have a 997.2 with nav

Old 01-28-2016, 11:15 AM
TCZ
TCZ is on a distinguished road
It's happened to me a few times. Corrects itself after shutting the car off and re-starting. Weird.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like the amp may be "clipping"....the amp would then shut down to prevent damage.
Would happen every time the amp senses the overload.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blackbull
Sounds like the amp may be "clipping"....the amp would then shut down to prevent damage.
Would happen every time the amp senses the overload.
I have a bone-stock Bose system. What could be causing an overload?

Old 01-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Verboten is on a distinguished road
Lucky for you. Now you can jam to the beat of your flat-6.