997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Door panel repair help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:21 AM
forbes210 is on a distinguished road
Door panel repair help

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody got any idea how I could repair this piece located below storage lid on door panel. I'm kind of disappointed with Porsche design and material they used in that. Any help will appreaciated. Thank you!

Old 10-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
C1Forged will become famous soon enough
From the looks, its a painted piece that would require color matching, and re-finishing.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:10 PM
forbes210 is on a distinguished road
The only problem that you can't disassemble this piece from rest of the panel and piece is made out of plastic and is coated with something like rubber which makes it look similar to leather.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:23 AM
DrJordan1911 is on a distinguished road
My mechanic had his paint guy color match and paint mine when I had my trim pieces painted body color.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
If you remove the panel, someone could probably repaint in the matching color, but it might have a different texture. Another idea would be to vinyl wrap it, but you probably can't find vinyl that exactly color so what you'd need to do to make it look good is create a contrasting tone, like something that matches the exterior or another existing interior color. For example, if your exterior is black, use black floor mats and wrap a few of the other door trim pieces in a black vinyl to tie the two tone theme together.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
C1Forged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Petza914
If you remove the panel, someone could probably repaint in the matching color, but it might have a different texture. Another idea would be to vinyl wrap it, but you probably can't find vinyl that exactly color so what you'd need to do to make it look good is create a contrasting tone, like something that matches the exterior or another existing interior color. For example, if your exterior is black, use black floor mats and wrap a few of the other door trim pieces in a black vinyl to tie the two tone theme together.
From just a picture alone, the texture and paint on the existing trim piece wont allow vinyl to properly adhere. He would need to thoroughly sand it first, and maybe lay a base primer to help with adhesion. At that point it would be better to paint the pieces.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's that smooth but rubbery soft touch surface, that comes off really easily with rubbing alcohol (like the radio and HVAC buttons) leaving a hard, smooth plastic surface that could be wrapped easily.

Originally Posted by C1Forged
From just a picture alone, the texture and paint on the existing trim piece wont allow vinyl to properly adhere. He would need to thoroughly sand it first, and maybe lay a base primer to help with adhesion. At that point it would be better to paint the pieces.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:56 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Find out who your dealer uses for leather repairs - they can do wonders.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:21 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
I would try my Asian manicure lady if I were you. Shes got every color on the wall. (im not into that kind of thing), but I notice the colors...

how bad does it really bother you? I don't allow people with rings on to get near my vehicles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.