Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Wheels on V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
New Wheels on V8 Vantage

Hey Guys,

Bought these wheels and installed them today, what do you think. I think they are the 2011+ optional wheels on the V8 Vantage base.

EDIT: New Pics (trying to post for the third time)

iPhone pics:

Then I broke my phone taking pics

Will post better quality pics tomorrow.

Also, I got the "Tire Pressure Fault" sign shortly after, any advice? Does that mean these wheels never came with them? Which is werid as they were take-offs from an Vantage.

Last edited by CJPatel; 02-18-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful! I think those are my favourite of all the OEM V8V wheels.

Re: TPMS - did you transfer across your sensors? Assuming you have the old system (likely with a 2008 car!) you will need to visit the dealer (or, as some claim, a TPMS reset tool will do the trick if you can get one). See this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-go-away.html

Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 PM
ShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud ofShawnBoston has much to be proud of
Agreed, they are gorgeous and coming on the Vantage I just bought. They are my fav Vantage wheels as well.

Sorry about the phone . . . did a wheel fall on it or something???

Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
Very nice updated look. I had the same wheels on my 08 as your stock ones and I never really cared for them for some reason. My 09 has the Sport Pack wheels and I like them and your new wheels for my favorite stock AM wheels.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 PM
mark higinbotha is on a distinguished road
Now that you are changing the exterior, have you considered the white/clear tail lights and the N400 lower side sills? That would look great on your white car. IMHO.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Vergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura aboutVergis has a spectacular aura about
Excellent Choice. My favourite OEM alloys !!!!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Those are tasteful.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice wheels, but chances are the original owner removed the TPMS sensors before he sold them (this happend to me when I bought some Aston Wheels). So I think you can stop the warning from coming up by un-plugging the tire monitoring box under the dash. Or you can buy the Aston TPMS sensors that mount in the wheels, 4 sensors cost about $1K.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:07 AM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by spinecho
Beautiful! I think those are my favourite of all the OEM V8V wheels.

Re: TPMS - did you transfer across your sensors? Assuming you have the old system (likely with a 2008 car!) you will need to visit the dealer (or, as some claim, a TPMS reset tool will do the trick if you can get one). See this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-go-away.html
Thanks, so with 2008 how do I transfer across sensors? I doubt the previous seller took the TPMS's out and might just need a reset, but how do I check that this tires have the TPMS's still installed? Any idea what the dealer charges for a TPMS reset?

Originally Posted by ShawnBoston
Agreed, they are gorgeous and coming on the Vantage I just bought. They are my fav Vantage wheels as well.

Sorry about the phone . . . did a wheel fall on it or something???
Thank you, I'm in love with the car again, the wheel looks amazing!

And yeah dam iPhone broke, gotta get a new screen now.

Originally Posted by mark higinbotha
Very nice updated look. I had the same wheels on my 08 as your stock ones and I never really cared for them for some reason. My 09 has the Sport Pack wheels and I like them and your new wheels for my favorite stock AM wheels.
Yeah definitely a solid upgraded look, I'm very happy with the wheels.

Originally Posted by mark higinbotha
Now that you are changing the exterior, have you considered the white/clear tail lights and the N400 lower side sills? That would look great on your white car. IMHO.
I have considered, that depending on how long I plan on keeping the car, I will prob do clear tails.

Originally Posted by Vergis
Excellent Choice. My favourite OEM alloys !!!!!!
Originally Posted by scottblack
Those are tasteful.
Thanks guys, I typically love OEM wheels, and these really work on this car. The shadow trim and white go very well together.

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
Very nice wheels, but chances are the original owner removed the TPMS sensors before he sold them (this happend to me when I bought some Aston Wheels). So I think you can stop the warning from coming up by un-plugging the tire monitoring box under the dash. Or you can buy the Aston TPMS sensors that mount in the wheels, 4 sensors cost about $1K.
Any idea on how hard it is to remove TPMS, keeping in mind these came with the tires mounted/balanced? I do not wanna pay $1k for sensors but another memeber mentioned it was like $200 for a set. I'm assuming I'll have to unmount the tires and remount them?

Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 AM
dehnert is on a distinguished road
Perfect! Now all you need are some N400 Sills! ;-)

Old 02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CJPatel
Thanks, so with 2008 how do I transfer across sensors? I doubt the previous seller took the TPMS's out and might just need a reset, but how do I check that this tires have the TPMS's still installed? Any idea what the dealer charges for a TPMS reset?
I believe the tires have to come off to check if sensors are there, unless you have a reset tool, which probably uses RF to reset the sensors and therefore would not require tire removal, if the sensors are indeed present.

I was told that on cars before a certain date (2009 MY?), you can just unplug the TPMS module (it is underneath the glove box) and this will make the light go away, along with any tire monitoring, of course. On my 2009, it didn't work (something to do with the way the newer cars are wired).

If Irish07 is reading this, maybe he can confirm the above...

Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for the very small picture, but this is the TPMS sensor mounted in the wheel. This system was manufactured by SmartTire Europe Ltd. at least through MY08. I think Aston went to a different supplier after that. Sorry to say, the wheel transmitters cost a little more than $200-EACH! That's why people remove them and transfer them to their new wheels. A tire shop will install the sensors, which requires tire removal and rebalance, for about $100 for all 4-wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2012, 04:12 PM
To help you out here is a picture of what the sensor basically looks like. Notice the metal Valve stem, there is a nut that threads onto the stem to hold the sensor in place--so if you don't have a metal valve stem with a nut, that's the first clue that you have no Sensor. Also, Aston puts little colored collar on each valve stem and the sensor system shows a color light so you know which tire is low.

Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Very nice. I think those wheels were first available on MY10 cars. By the way, IMO, these cars look best with the original sills -- there isn't a single unresolved line on the original V8V design, and I think the original sills show off the curves best.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Nice! What are the exact width & offsets on those OEM wheels? Just curious

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Wheels on V8 Vantage