Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Replacement 'emergency' Key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Replacement 'emergency' Key

When purchased new, Astons come with a metal 'emergency' key that can be used to unlock the door if the ECU or valet key does not work because of a dead battery. My pre-owned 09 Vantage did not come with this key. I am told a replacement can be obtained from the original dealer and assume the key has to be cut to specifically fit my car. The original dealer, Ray Catena Aston Martin in New Jersey, is no longer in business as an Aston dealer so I have no way of obtaining any original records relating to the car.

Has anyone had any experience in obtaining a replacement 'emergency' key?

If I can't obtain a new metal key - and the car is locked with a dead battery - how would I jump start it?

Old 01-12-2017, 10:45 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Call your nearest dealer.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:24 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Well I'm in the same boat here. Guess it's time to call the dealer and get this taken care of before something bad happens.

Regards,

Old 01-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Surely any dealer can get it cut from the VIN

I am just getting a key cut by local dealer (not original dealer) for 07 V8V as I have misplaced one

Graze

Old 01-12-2017, 03:27 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I got one done last year and the Dealer in Montreal told me that they order the key directly from the Aston Martin in the UK. The only needed my VIN and confirmation that the car was actually mine They said it was laser cut or something like that, good thing I did as 5 wks after I bought it the battery was dead and needed the key to get in

Old 01-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
It is not a given that the key code will be on file for your VIN. If the delivering dealership did their job, it might be.

In my case, it was not.

If you do not have the door key and the battery dies, you'd have to jump it from underneath.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:59 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
My car didn't come from the dealership in Montreal... AM Factory will have the Key Code

Old 01-13-2017, 08:38 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
can you start the car with this key? if so, how? You jam it into the ECU like the rest of the fobs?

Old 01-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
The emergency key is not used to start the car. It is inserted in the door key slot to open the door.

I will contact my current dealer to see if they can help me out getting a new key.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by handyman2009
AM Factory will have the Key Code
Yeah, that's why they had mine...

Old 01-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by messar
Mathman85 - do you have more detail on jumping the car from underneath?
Haven't had to do it on the AM, yet, but generally you just have to find the starter, connect hot jumper lead to the starter power wire, ground the other starter lead, unlock car with remote.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:12 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by handyman2009
I got one done last year and the Dealer in Montreal told me that they order the key directly from the Aston Martin in the UK. The only needed my VIN and confirmation that the car was actually mine They said it was laser cut or something like that

I confirmed the above information and ordered a new key from Miller Motorcars today. $300. I have yet to establish a connection with a dealer here in the Midwest, so only Miller can confirm my ownership. Which I'm fine with and just glad to be getting this done.

Regards,

Old 01-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by messar
Mathman85 - do you have more detail on jumping the car from underneath?
Jack the Vantage up high from the passenger front, put jack stands front and rear(keeps the car from falling on you). Remove the under trays and then the right front wheel and inner wheel lining. You now can reach in the front of the engine bay and attach the booster pack leads to the jump post attached to the front of the right strut tower.

Once the booster pack is connected, you can then press the unlock button on your remote, put everything back before opening a door...or at least the wheel and rest the car on it's own weight. This avoids any chance of twisting the car, especially if no jack stands weren't used..

Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by irish07
Jack the Vantage up high from the passenger front, put jack stands front and rear(keeps the car from falling on you). Remove the under trays and then the right front wheel and inner wheel lining. You now can reach in the front of the engine bay and attach the booster pack leads to the jump post attached to the front of the right strut tower.

Once the booster pack is connected, you can then press the unlock button on your remote, put everything back before opening a door...or at least the wheel and rest the car on it's own weight. This avoids any chance of twisting the car, especially if no jack stands weren't used..
If this became a common problem I would attach a long starter like cable to the jump post and terminate it somewhere behind the air filter wheel lining panel so all that would be necessary to get power to the car was the removal of the front wheel.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
All that room in the engine bay and they put the battery inside the passenger compartment??? Was that done to balance the weight of the car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.