Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Need new GTS center lock rims, I curbed two :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough

Hello,
I was careless in a parking lot and curbed both driver rims, the front is only two smaller nicks/chunks. The rear is toast.
No one to blame but myself, I'm so mad at myself.
I also scratched the side of the front bumper, mostly on the lower section that can be replaced, not sure if I'll leave it or paint a new one.
So freaking pissed, I have less than a 1000miles on her and I'm usually the most careful SOB, argh.

So they are the black Turbo S center locks.
I need a rear badly and may get a new front too.
Suncoast and my dealer want about $3000 each, plus tax and install and freight from Germany gets the cost closer to $3500-4000 each.

Does anyone have access to some perfect take offs, I can't stomach putting a repaired rim on the car.

Any advice on where to look?
Thanks and cherish your wheels guys, mine look like crap

Old 10-09-2015, 06:08 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
Here's some pics, argh

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151009_164509.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	430048   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151009_164523.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	430049  
Old 10-09-2015, 06:15 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
"I can't stomach putting a repaired rim on the car." - not sure why not. I would simply have the wheels repaired/refinished and powder coated to match. It would look as good as new for a fraction of the cost of new wheels. Caveat, I would only trust a reputable shop with the work. If you were in the NY/NJ area i would recommend Proformance Industries, they powder coated the wheels of my turbo S and they came out amazing!

http://proformanceindustries.com/

Name:  TTS%20Modesta_zps9j9yucbo.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  294.9 KB

Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Agree - why don't you look into repair first. It is amazing what the right shop can do. Never used Performance Industries, but Larry from Ammo NYC had a piece on wheel repair featuring him.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Vicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to allVicelord is a name known to all
It's cosmetic damage not a structural catastrophe, just have a good shop repair the wheel and you'll never notice the difference. It sucks you did it but if you're reacting like this to a couple of scratches then I'd hate to see how you'd handle actual damage.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:26 AM
tron786 is on a distinguished road

Happened to me recently. Also devastated.
But it's not the end of the world I realized.
There are worse things that could have happened

Yours look worse than it is because they are black.
I've chatted to the wheel refinishers and this is a small job that will turn out perfect.
I've gone with a Porsche approved company.
Ask your local Pdealer who they send their CPO wheel work to.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 AM
thanks guys.
I know it could be a lot worse, thankfully the wheels are a simple (albeit costly) item to replace. Luckily the lower side skirts were untouched, that would had sucked big time.

I've decided to buy a new rear rim and have the dealer install it.
I'll then send the damaged rim out for repair and try to sell it to recoup some of the cost.
I may live with the front for now, its not horrible.

Any more rim repair shop recommendations appreciated--I'll send it out to the best company and have it done right. If the wheel doesn't sell, I can always make a clock or table out of it.

Such a stupid mistake, I haven't curbed a rim in at least 10 years, argh.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:02 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Sorry for the mishap...amazing that rear rim took so much damage but it looks like the tire is OK??

Old 10-22-2015, 09:37 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
I had all 4 wheels from my 2011 PTT recently refinished in satin black by Wheel Tech in Highland Park IL. They look and run as good as new.