Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster spoiler/tail won't come out! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:49 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Red face Boxster spoiler/tail won't come out! HELP!

Hello,

I am hoping that I can get some advice or opinions from the experts here at 6 before I make an appointment to take my p-car to the shop.

Recently, my rear spoiler will not come out at the designated speed of 70 (maybe it's 75). Either way, even when I manually try to put the spoiler up with the button by the fuse box, it will only go up about 1 inch. Once in about ever 30 times that I push the button, will it actually go up. I checked when it WAS up, there was nothing jamming it or gunk, etc.

Any ideas why it won't go up while driving, let alone manually? It was fine up until last week.

Thanks for your information!

~Boxstergirlie

Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 AM
PK2
PK2 is on a distinguished road
Open your trunk and drop down the little panel on the Lft side. Reach up and under the rear fender and wiggle out the relay holder. Take the #3 relay ( believe) and the one below it out. Give them a couple of good raps on your driveway. Try to hit’m on all sides.

Plug’m back in and see if it helps. Worked for me last weekend. Also check your fuces. I think theres 2 for the spoiler.

Good Luck,

P.K

Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PK2
Open your trunk and drop down the little panel on the Lft side. Reach up and under the rear fender and wiggle out the relay holder. Take the #3 relay ( believe) and the one below it out. Give them a couple of good raps on your driveway. Try to hit’m on all sides.

Plug’m back in and see if it helps. Worked for me last weekend. Also check your fuces. I think theres 2 for the spoiler.

Good Luck,

P.K
PK!

YOU'RE the MAN! It worked! Thank god! I had an appointment next weekend to take it in to have it looked at. They told me they'd need to keep it all day, possibly even two days. They said it could be some "fluid" that is leaking. It's not!
Thank you sooo much! You saved me a bundle!

Jody

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
PK2
Great! glad it worked. Not sure how permanent a fix it is but at least your motoring and ya’ no what to knock around or replace if it happens again (those relays are $5-$10).

Oops, got a PM...maybe I wasn't so clear.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:22 PM
blinkwatt is on a distinguished road
Fluid was leaking? I've taken apart my rear spoiler before and I assure you that there is no fluid involved.

You might want to find somewhere else to take your car.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Fluid was leaking? I've taken apart my rear spoiler before and I assure you that there is no fluid involved.

You might want to find somewhere else to take your car.
+1 I'm going to guess that they refer to your car as a Porch Boxer. I would emulate this guy:

Name:  forrest37.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  26.8 KB

Bro

Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
lol! sad thing is, it was the porsche dealer that said about the "fluid". i'm thinking, as totally strange as this sounds, that is has to do with the balast from the xenon's that were just installed. the only reason i'm thinking this is because the oil light and battery light also come on the minute i turn the lights on. if i shut off the car and restart it, the lights go away. agghhhh! time to take the balast out....return it....reinstall my oem's for now and await the new balast.

thank you all for your info!

Old 09-19-2007, 03:00 AM
PK2
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
lol! sad thing is, it was the porsche dealer that said about the "fluid". ...thank you all for your info!
Where do they recruits there techs up there? Jiffy-Lube?

P.K.