Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need advice, help, anything!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Angry Need advice, help, anything!!

So, heres the deal. I took my CTT to the dealer a few days ago for a TURN SIGNAL!!! One would think for highend car dealers they would be able to tackle such a task! Four days later my CTT is back, I drop it off at 8 am and go to pick it up a around 4 pm. First right turn i make, light goes out again..... Drove straight back to dealer. Then I was told to keep my loaner and they would continue to work the issue. Now at this point I am not upset; however, a little inconvenienced. Today I go and pick up my CTT and and its clean light is fixed all is good and I am happy.. Till I get home! The memory for my alarm/door locking settings will not save. I have set them, reset them and yes reset them again.. Please for the love of God please tell me what in the world is going on??? I will call them first thing in the morning, but my question is am I being too nice? Or should I be pushing this whole experiance up?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by simpleman325i
So, heres the deal. I took my CTT to the dealer a few days ago for a TURN SIGNAL!!! One would think for highend car dealers they would be able to tackle such a task! Four days later my CTT is back, I drop it off at 8 am and go to pick it up a around 4 pm. First right turn i make, light goes out again..... Drove straight back to dealer. Then I was told to keep my loaner and they would continue to work the issue. Now at this point I am not upset; however, a little inconvenienced. Today I go and pick up my CTT and and its clean light is fixed all is good and I am happy.. Till I get home! The memory for my alarm/door locking settings will not save. I have set them, reset them and yes reset them again.. Please for the love of God please tell me what in the world is going on??? I will call them first thing in the morning, but my question is am I being too nice? Or should I be pushing this whole experiance up?
Separate issues. The turn signal issue was likely the connector for the headlight, or more commonly, the socket that holds the bulb. For your memory settings not holding, most likely culprit is a faulty Rear end module/Convenience module. Semi-common on both counts.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Do you know where this module is located? I would think that they are seperate.. I am just tired of getting my car back from the dealer with one or more issues then I took it in with. They replaced the socket three times before they fixed the issue with a new set of wires for the conection or plug it's self.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Do you know where this module is located? I would think that they are seperate.. I am just tired of getting my car back from the dealer with one or more issues then I took it in with. They replaced the socket three times before they fixed the issue with a new set of wires for the conection or plug it's self.
The module is in the right rear of the vehicle, just forward of the amplifier behind the trim. I have also heard of the headlight mounting cradle itself becoming deformed and needing replacement, which isn't a bad DIY with the right tools.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
The module is in the right rear of the vehicle, just forward of the amplifier behind the trim. I have also heard of the headlight mounting cradle itself becoming deformed and needing replacement, which isn't a bad DIY with the right tools.
as of know there most current fix has worked. but I just can't help but feel it's more then a coincidence. I am new to the Cayenne world and am just tryin to figure out all these electronics. I have had other cars with crazy issues to the point i feel as if I myself am good car cryptonite!

Last edited by simpleman325i; 02-10-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:37 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
typical issues on 7 year old car..........Im waiting to get my headaches bc its been too long since mine has had an issue........probably since 52k and I am at 100k plus now.

It wont go Range Rover on you........

Old 02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Well come to find out after another trip to the dealer.... The deatailing kid hit the turn signal and shut the car of, which then leaves that sides parking lights on. Killed the battery and wipped out the settings. They plugged it into there fancy machine and reset it... ALL IS GOOD again!!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Well come to find out after another trip to the dealer.... The deatailing kid hit the turn signal and shut the car of, which then leaves that sides parking lights on. Killed the battery and wipped out the settings. They plugged it into there fancy machine and reset it... ALL IS GOOD again!!
Ive left my radio on accident before all night and it never drained the battery.

It sounded like you just needed a new battery and thats what they did, your car will lose its settings, fire improper errors, and lock up when battery goes out.....

Dealer probably wants to keep it simple and seem like a hero at the same time....builds loyalty

I had similar issues on mine in 2008, took it in, they told me some obivous reason but didnt make sense when I thought about it after I left and compared notes on this website........if thats not the case then I am on 5 years on the same battery....no way, they had to of changed it.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cordsig79
Ive left my radio on accident before all night and it never drained the battery.
My radio shuts off automatically if the ignition isn't on.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by pcst
My radio shuts off automatically if the ignition isn't on.
if you take the key out of the ignition go back and press the radio ****......raido comes on without the key.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by cordsig79
if you take the key out of the ignition go back and press the radio ****......raido comes on without the key.
I have entry and drive.. so I have the dummy key. It always says to hold it to the right for two seconds.. anyone know why?