Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Occasional random BEEEEEEP while driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 12:20 PM
thomer is on a distinguished road
Occasional random BEEEEEEP while driving

I have a 2009 CTTS with entry and drive.

About once a week something in the dash will emit a sustained, high pitched BEEEEEEEEP for three to five seconds. There's nothing on the dash indicating a problem and the car continues to run fine. It's driving me crazy, and the irregularity makes it impossible to diagnose.

It sounds like the same beep, only longer, that I hear when I first turn on the car.

Please, please help.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:48 PM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
Since you've got entry and drive it may be it thinks the key is missing. Perhaps the battery on your fob is going low? I think this is typically accompanied by a dash indicator regarding key not found, but it would be a cheap test.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:43 AM
I thought that might be it, but I believe that is a beep pause beep pause beep etc with the dash warning. My elusive warning is one long BEEEEEEP. I don't think I ever get more than one per trip.

Anyway, I replaced the key fob battery about a month ago and unfortunately that did not fix.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Your best bet is to look for stored error codes via PIWIS/Durametric.

Old 10-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Is it the Park Assist beeper?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Definitely not park assist. That's a different kind of beep, and this is at speeds of anywhere between 15 and 60+ mph when park assist would be off.

I just had the car in for service where they had to pull a code. If there was anything else there I'm sure they shop would have told me about it.

Sigh.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:57 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
Does the beep go off just after you accelerate, brake or go around a corner?

If so, could be the rear hatch latch. Thinks the hatch is coming unlatched then realizes it isn't before the code registers and turns on the proper dash light.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Interesting hypothesis. Next time I'll listen to see if opening the hatch elicits the same exact beep. I do use the hatch a lot with my dog getting in and out.

The mysterious beep does happen after/during cornering and accelerating, but it also happens while cruising at a steady speed. If it was a faulty sensor, I'd think it would happen with more regularity, like several times within the same few minutes. It seems to happen once every few drives.

I'd also think the dash would immediately show the "open" hatch...

Maybe I'll drive around the neighborhood at low speeds and try to open the hatch, if the Porsche engineers will let me. To be continued.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Also the hatch opening is usually accompanied by the interior lights going on !

Old 11-27-2014, 07:14 PM
mudman2 is on a distinguished road
Do you have speed alert set ?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I've never set the speed alert, so I don't think that's it. Also the beep happens sometimes at 5mph, sometimes at 30mph, sometimes at 70 mph...

Old 12-01-2014, 10:27 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Old 12-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Whoa. It's like your beeps have a stuttering problem. Try taking your Cayenne to a speech therapist.

My beep is much higher pitched and sustains for many seconds. I can't reproduce it. Happens randomly on every nth drive.

I didn't mention this in my earlier posts because I am 99.9% sure it's not the problem, but I have a built in Passport 9500CI. The beeeeeeep still randomly happens regardless of the radar detector being powered on or off. But at this point who the hell knows. Still open to other ideas!

Old 03-10-2015, 01:01 PM
This annoying beep evolved from once every few weeks, to once a day, to multiple times a day, to constant shrieking if the car was on. That sucked. But it made the problem easy to track down!

The previous owner installed some crazy laser jammer blinder thing that was malfunctioning. The unit was buried out of sight. There was an LED (but it did not change color) and a speaker connected to it. I ripped the whole thing out. Now I am happy sitting in silence.

I googled the model number on the unit and I see a bunch of non-US sites selling it: https://www.google.com/search?q=ex-07hp

Good riddance.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:03 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Do you still have it? I occasionally buy/sell LIDAR units, would love to see what it did to them..

Even if its broken I'd take it. I'm sure you won't miss it.