Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Found Durametric how-to for lowering, but.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:53 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Found Durametric how-to for lowering, but.....

About my 04 Cayenne Turbo

All of my 3 wheels will set, but number 1 says either can't read, or not permitted. Why will it not read number 1? The others all saved and worked eventually, but I just had to set them back to factory because No. 1. Is this typical? No. 3 said can't read the first time, but set the next time. No 4 said not permitted the first time, but set after trying again later, but number 1 just won't do anything????
Any suggestions? Start kicking her, or get out the Big A hammer and whack it a few times. haha This Cayenne has been a PITA compared to working on any other car I've owned. I love the Cayenne Turbo as a daily driver, but so many little nit-picky issues are getting old.

Does it work better hot or cold? In the 90's here already, but the other settings were pretty quick. Is it typical to be quirky with the Durametric drop?

Last edited by BOOSTTT; 03-27-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Year/Model
Old 03-27-2015, 09:54 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
What were your initial settings at? I had to try a few times to get it set right. It sounds like you've gone back and set it to the initial settings. Did it make it all the way through and were you able to save it?

Did you try putting a small change in first on all four corners?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:40 PM
BOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to beholdBOOSTTT is a splendid one to behold
Yes, Yes, Yes, but no. 1 didn't ever adjust. I'll try again tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
This was my same issue a couple years ago. I gave up and left it all stock.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:41 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Don't know why but it seems to hang up sometimes. I ended up with a code I couldnt seem to clear at first. It took me a few tries over a couple days to get it right.

For me the key was clearing the code then going back and making it through all four corners back to the original number and saving it.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:33 PM
It would never set all 4 no matter how many times I try. I went back to factory settings I wrote down prior to starting and set it all back, but got a Faulty workshop light. I then went back and set no. 5 back to "0" to restore factory settings, and it said implausible and now I have a constant suspension light on. I checked again and all values are correct. what a pain in the ***. It rides well and looks all even with measurements, but can't clear the dang light. I would not recommend using the Durametric software to adjust your pig. does not work well at all.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:01 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I've tried with same results....08turbo.
my indy tried for a few hours also but same results.....1 gets stuck. I just bought links for 130 instead

Old 03-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Can't get No. 1 to read again. My car is lowered and feels perfect, but now I have to look at this suspension warning all the time. It won't clear. 3 days of trying and a full tank of gas while letting her idle during all this. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using durametric to lower your Cayenne. I'm stuck with this light and warning now, but at least it rides fine. I would never try this again. Get a lowering module or links instead.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:19 PM
sfkid is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue as described here as well the other threads around this. I pulled the sensor connection plug on #1/ FL and cleaned it with electronics cleaner. It initially threw a few codes. I cleared those and it starting communicating with the FL sensor. I had to reset calibration to stock, ie 190/237, because of he air fault code. After that, works all the time. I had adjusted several times and settled on 15mm. At 25mm, bit harsh on the low setting with sport mode.

Also, the Durametrics guys were solid to work with. I can see why they have a following.

Last edited by sfkid; 03-30-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by BOOSTTT
Can't get No. 1 to read again. My car is lowered and feels perfect, but now I have to look at this suspension warning all the time. It won't clear. 3 days of trying and a full tank of gas while letting her idle during all this. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using durametric to lower your Cayenne. I'm stuck with this light and warning now, but at least it rides fine. I would never try this again. Get a lowering module or links instead.
You did get it to lower though? Were you able to clear the code after setting back to original settings and then it coded again?

Mine wouldn't let me clear the code until I reset all four to original and saved them all. After that I was able to go back and enter the changes.

But if you could never get #1 to change I'm not sure about that. Anytime I didn't get all the way through all 4 and save the changes it would throw the code. Then I'd have to start all over by setting back to original and clearing the code.

By the way, you burned up a Navigator? I had an '03 LS that was a fun car. People were surprised it was as capable a car as it was.

Did you try getting in touch with Durametric? Or maybe try cleaning the connection like sfkid suggested above? Might be worth a shot. A constant code would drive me nuts!!

Last edited by jdubbya; 03-31-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:04 PM
TWalk is on a distinguished road
currently having this same issue with Durametric. worked fine the first time I lowered it, but I raised it back to stock over the winter cause of all the snow we were getting. So I go to lower it, but this time chose not to use the full 25 mm drop (I also felt it was to harsh at expressway speeds) so I inputted a lesser value. And now its doing just as you described, fl/not permissible, sometimes 3 gets hung up, Get to 5 and whatever value I use (1 to save / 0 for stock) it says "conditions not correct / implausible. Ill try cleaning out that sensor and see what happens.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by TWalk
currently having this same issue with Durametric. worked fine the first time I lowered it, but I raised it back to stock over the winter cause of all the snow we were getting. So I go to lower it, but this time chose not to use the full 25 mm drop (I also felt it was to harsh at expressway speeds) so I inputted a lesser value. And now its doing just as you described, fl/not permissible, sometimes 3 gets hung up, Get to 5 and whatever value I use (1 to save / 0 for stock) it says "conditions not correct / implausible. Ill try cleaning out that sensor and see what happens.

Just keep trying and let the car roll back and forth just a bit a few times. That seemed to help me. I had big issues with No.1 and a bit of trouble with No.3 as well. It took me 4 full days of trying b4 it worked. I would not recommend using Durametric for lowering. You may get stuck with the suspension off and lights on constantly. Not worth the little drop and too harsh ride. Good luck. It's really frustrating.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:40 PM
TWalk is on a distinguished road
Thanks Boosttt, I'll keep plugging away at it. Thanks for the response, much appreciated! And yes...frustrating .

Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 PM
I would second the keep plugging away at it. I had issues too but once I got it sorted it works just fine. At least for me I generally ride daily with it set to low normal and comfort shock setting. If I'm hitting a rough road I'll sometimes raise it to normal height which softens it up some.

In low and sport shock it can be a pretty rough ride if the road isn't nice and smooth.

As for getting it all sorted out you just have to keep trying. If you don't make it all the way through all corners and save the entire thing it will give you the workshop error and for some reason the accumulator error too sometimes. But once you get all the way through then you can clear the codes and it'll be fine.