Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Semi-newb help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Tedman5 is on a distinguished road
Semi-newb help needed

Hi guys...been lurking in the shadows for a while and now getting around to doing some work on my 957GTS.
Couple of questions pertaining to oil change. I have attached pics for reference. I have all necessary parts and products just wanna make sure I'm heading the right direction.
This is the oil filter housing with a 32mm hex?? Can't seem to find a flanged wrench locally. Is there any risk associated with cranking on this hex? I have the drain plug located...8mm allen.

Next question...what is this line? It has a perpetual leak and I have replaced with a new clamp. It feels like oil but not motor oil. ???
Its located forward and inward of the driver side front wheel.

Thanks for any help. I know there is a search feature and its not my friend. Have found very little info online about oil changes.
Cheers!

Old 08-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Domino is on a distinguished road
If I'm not mistaken, the line, you appointed goes to transmission cooler radiator.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:32 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
It's hard to tell from the pics but I haven't seen an oil filter housing with a hex on it. It should be forward of the oil sump.. As for the hose I'd say either Domino is right or they could be power steering lines too.

As for the oil change there is plenty of good info out there you just have to know where to look......here is an entire page of tech articles and how to for Cayennes..
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...yenne_Tech.htm

And more specifically, here is the oil change one...
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...Oil_Change.htm