2009 GTG season for DC/MD/VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
2009 GTG season for DC/MD/VA

***EDIT on 4-21-09 @ 10:13AM***

EVERYONE, here is the proposition......

10AM EST every other Sunday, according to this detail.....I will update the FIRST POST that I listed to have the calendar so people can keep going back to reference if necessary okay....

The Maryland meeting point will be Mid-Pike Plaza (by the Toy's R Us parking area near the Starbuck's 11802 Rockville Pike #A).

The Virginia meeting point will be the Starbuck's on the corner of Spring Hill Road and Route 7 Westbound in Tyson's; 8520 D Leesburg Pike; Vienna, Virginia 22103)

These dates are all Sundays:
May 3rd - Virginia
May 17th - Maryland
May 31st - Virginia
June 14th - Maryland
June 28th - Virginia
July 12th - Maryland
July 26th - Virginia
August 9th - Maryland
August 23rd - Virginia
September 6th - Maryland
September 20th - Virginia
October 4th - Maryland
October 18th - Virginia

Guys,

Okay, weather is getting better, so I am going to start planning a bi-weekly meeting for us to get together, grab some coffee and go from there if we want to do cruises and such. Let's get some suggestions and try our best to get a MAJORITY vote for days, hours and logistics.

I'm thinking either Saturday or Sunday mornings (like 10AM) and either in Rockville or Tyson's Corner. I'll find the venue, let's just get the suggestions from where. This is not going to be the ONLY meets of course. Just trying to set something up that's set so that we can all have consistent meets to take advantage of 2009. These will be rain or shine of course, so it's completely optional for folks to show up. Let's GROW the DC/MD/VA base. Please provide some feedback here and we'll go from there.

Here's what I think would be best:

???? Saturday's at 10AM in Tyson's Corner, VA ???? (good central point for DC/MD/VA). Any thoughts??? We can choose the venue once we figure out the demand and time/days.

Berk

Last edited by boochook; 04-21-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Berk, why don't we meet up for coffee and then hit a local car show. Someone gave me a flier Sunday for a car show in Rockville on May 2nd, but I can't find it anywhere. I remember a few years ago Maxwell, Gunther and I went to a car show in Rockville after coffee, we had a great time. Does anyone else have the information?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^Sounds good to me......we can do that too. Let's still try to set up an ongoing meet, but I'd be interested in that carshow too.....

Old 04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
intence is on a distinguished road
berk, i know a great spot for a cars and coffee. very similar to the california layout but only thing is that its in centreville. of course gotta get approval from land lord. but tysons has always been a good spot

Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
^^^PM me.....Centreville might be too far for our Maryland and DC Brethern (and sisters - haven't forgotten you Cyndi.... )

But let's see.....

Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
BTurk is on a distinguished road
If you guys want I can ask my father if we can use one of his newly developed shopping centers to do regular car meets on the weekends in Manassas, since they are new shopping centers that just opened up their is a ton of available parking spaces, places to eat and a drive-thru starbucks , also every saturday and sunday (8a.m.-4p.m.) their will be an open air-market in our other newly developed shopping center across the street (http://princewilliamcountymarket.com/2.html)

Last edited by BTurk; 04-20-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
05evo8gsr is on a distinguished road
Sunday May 3rd is Towson's Car show/meet. Would love to have all you guys out.

-Adam

Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
photosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to behold
c&c then allsports!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Please keep it in MD, Rockville is my vote.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
intence is on a distinguished road
dont forget this sunday is the UMD meet

Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I'd prefer them to be close to Rockville/Tysons, but let's mix it up a bit this year get away from the norm.

What we really need are some scenic drives and locations to take pics. Even evening meets would be a good idea to get some dusk shots of the cars.

Man I miss a real car!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BTurk
If you guys want I can ask my father if we can use one of his newly developed shopping centers to do regular car meets on the weekends in Manassas, since they are new shopping centers that just opened up their is a ton of available parking spaces, places to eat and a drive-thru starbucks , also every saturday and sunday (8a.m.-4p.m.) their will be an open air-market in our other newly developed shopping center across the street (http://princewilliamcountymarket.com/2.html)
If your dad OKs it, ask him to contact the local PD to let them know that we have permission to be there.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Euro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud ofEuro SC has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boochook

???? Saturday's at 10AM in Tyson's Corner, VA ???? (good central point for DC/MD/VA). Any thoughts??? We can choose the venue once we figure out the demand and time/days.
Some on Sunday's may be good. Saturdays can be hard for those of us who have little ones and spouses that work Saturdays.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
I don't mind driving all the way down to Tysons/NoVA but I can't do it all the time since it's a bit of a hike. Rockville isn't too bad. We've kinda outgrown that Starbucks but I think the Toys R Us worked out allright.

I know a few people have mentioned coming up to the Baltimore area. I know there are a few of us in Baltimore and the local suburbs. What about a nice drive through the country out here (like Hunt Valley, Glyndon, etc)? There are some twisty roads, as well as some long straight roads that would make for some nice driving if the group wasn't too large (under 20). I did some drives in my Mustang last year that I know would be good for some sports cars that can actually handle (as opposed to the hippopotamus-like handling of the Mustang). We could meet at like 9am, drive for 30-minutes or so and then grab breakfast somewhere. I know that's early, but the roads would be more open. Thoughts?

Last edited by Tonk; 04-20-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM
lumns is on a distinguished road
there are carshows in towson/falls church/tysons and alexandria coming up in the next month or so

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 GTG season for DC/MD/VA