Cars and Coffee - Maple Lawn, Md. ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Forced is on a distinguished road
Cars and Coffee - Maple Lawn, Md. ???

Hello Everyone,

I have been considering setting up a "Cars and Coffee" meet in the Maple Lawn Community in Maryland. It is located just south of Columbia and nicely between Baltimore and DC. There is a coffee shop called Sidamo Coffee located in the business district of the community that is tentatively willing to open early for us and is adjacent to plenty of parking. Time and Day ( Saturday vs Sunday ) are still open to discussion.

I am an enthusiast, and just looking to bring some of what I see from the Nova events to the Md area. I see plenty of cars come through the community on a normal basis that could make this event a success, so i have to assume there are plenty more like me that would enjoy it.

So, this thread is to gauge interest and try to finalize some arrangements. Please let me know what you think...Click on the map for directions and more on the area.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
DavidC81 is on a distinguished road
I'd definitely go to this if people start coming. Maple is MUCH closer for me, I'm "up the street" a couple exits north on 29.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
How about a lunch meet? Cars & coffee in NoVA, cars & lunch in Maple Lawn.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
I would come, but I think we should do it at Arundel Mills, right at the shopping ctr by the Safeway since there is a Starbucks there.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
AbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the roughAbsolutHank is a jewel in the rough
Katie's has become so large, I think it's wise to not interfere with that time slot. Anytime after 11 or so on Saturdays would be ideal.

I live in Odenton, so I'm right around the corner as well, and would love to have something else to do with my Saturdays

Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AbsolutHank
Katie's has become so large, I think it's wise to not interfere with that time slot. Anytime after 11 or so on Saturdays would be ideal.

I live in Odenton, so I'm right around the corner as well, and would love to have something else to do with my Saturdays
Cars & Lunch at Arundel Mills......

Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
anything saturday afternoons would be nice.... Katie's is too early and far away from me!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Ed bud how are ya? hope all is well .... love the idea.... and I also think Cars & Lunch is perfect for Saturday afternoon-ish say maybe start the event at like 11 or 11:30 then we can meet up and do pictures or hang out then lunch around noon and roll out by 2ish.

This way it lets us go to Katie's in the morning and hit up Cars & Lunch on our way back for us MD folks

Old 05-30-2011, 06:47 PM
pseto will become famous soon enough
great idea, i'll be there. i used to host BMW meets at Looney's and we always had a big turnout.

lots of great cars in the Columbia/HoCo/Baltimore area, so hopefully this will get off the ground soon

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Forced is on a distinguished road
Glad to see there is interest ! The coffee shop followed up with me to say that they got clearance from the developer. I am open to alternative times...lunch etc. My original thought process was that early in the AM, the only business that would be impacted ( parking wise ) would be the coffee shop as Looney's etc wouldnt be open then. If we are looking at lunch time, I will need to talk to the other businesses and make sure they are on board. There is still plenty of parking in the area, so hopefully we can make it work.

Hi Sunir ! GT2 huh ? Very nice !

pseto - I've seen the group of BMW's before and it did look like a good turnout. Made me want to run home and drive my E30 M3 up....even if it didnt have tags !

Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The lot over at Looney's off of 216 is great, in fact I was just at Looney's last night.

I think the idea of lunch or snacks at Looney's is a good one, the lot is huge and on a Sunday or Sat afternoon it will not be too full. I wouldn't do Sat morning, Katie's C&C has a monopoly on that time slot.

Sunday morning is Fair Lakes C&C, which is a great event but it's a bit of a haul for us Bmore, Columbia/Towson etc... folks... so if you want to do mornings for MD folks Sunday would be better than Sat....but keep in mind the Churh of the Holy Donut meet over in Burtonsville, on Sunday mornings...they have been around for a while and always pull a big MD crowd.

My suggestion to you would be to shoot for Sat Cars & Lunch, talk to Looney's they could host us, and there are other restuarant choices right in that shopping center.

hope this helps

Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
DavidC81 is on a distinguished road
yea sat or sunday lunch would be cool...for us late risers

Old 06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
jww///95 is on a distinguished road
This needs to happen!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Kumaiki is on a distinguished road
I think "cars & lunch" at maple lawn is a great idea. I go looney's just about every weekend for wings and beer.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Cars & Lunch at Arundel Mills......
DO IT!!!!

Finally I don't have to wake up super early and feel like I'm 90, just yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee - Maple Lawn, Md. ???