2012 C & C - Great Falls, VA - Katie's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
2012 C & C - Great Falls, VA - Katie's

Here's a link to the previous thread on this C & C -

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-falls-va.html

We started this year off in fine fashion - the relatively mild weather this morning (clear, 40F) meant that practically everyone came out. The front and 2nd parking lots filled, and there was even some overflow beyond. It rivaled some of the early-summer turnouts.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's - 01/07/12, Part 2

More from today -

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Wow, there's another LFA in the area!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tonk
Wow, there's another LFA in the area!
Is this the other one you saw? At Katies this summer? The white one?

Attached Images   
Old 01-07-2012, 05:53 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Cuz there is another one too.... lives in MD

That makes about $1.4 mill. of overp-ic-d (guess letter blanks) _________ (choose your expletive...fill in blank) in the DMV area. LOL

Attached Images   
Old 01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by WeisachWilli
Is this the other one you saw? At Katies this summer? The white one?
That looks like the one we saw at Katie's last summer - should have MD plates. Owner also has a Carrera GT. Today's black one had VA plates.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by rcollum
That looks like the one we saw at Katie's last summer - should have MD plates. Owner also has a Carrera GT. Today's black one had VA plates.

--Bob Collum
Yes white guy has a silver Carrera GT (his 2nd). I'm not trying to blow him up on forums but white guy has a whole lot of ridiculous cars.... like rooms and rooms full of them.

He told me how he ordered that LFA like right when they announced their production before real pricing was out etc. and put down couple hundred k $s and he said bunch of time went buy and dealer finally called and said "you're car is here come and get it", and he said he was expecting to have to write a check for another $50k or so and they said.... "bring another $250K and were all set".... he said he was like "WHAT!!" but just laughed it off and tries to enjoy it. He does love that car and he has a real base of other super cars for comparison. Me personally, I'd be driving the Carrera GT all day long.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Yes white guy has a silver Carrera GT (his 2nd). I'm not trying to blow him up on forums but white guy has a whole lot of ridiculous cars.... like rooms and rooms full of them.

He told me how he ordered that LFA like right when they announced their production before real pricing was out etc. and put down couple hundred k $s and he said bunch of time went buy and dealer finally called and said "you're car is here come and get it", and he said he was expecting to have to write a check for another $50k or so and they said.... "bring another $250K and were all set".... he said he was like "WHAT!!" but just laughed it off and tries to enjoy it. He does love that car and he has a real base of other super cars for comparison. Me personally, I'd be driving the Carrera GT all day long.
You would drive the Porsche..... Me too.... .... Or RRS .....
I hope my cars come out worth 450k after your work....

Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by GTLaser
You would drive the Porsche..... Me too.... .... Or RRS .....
I hope my cars come out worth 450k after your work....
Maybe if you had Kelly Clarkson tied-up and kidnapped in the back you could get that for it.... LMAO

Old 01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Maybe if you had Kelly Clarkson tied-up and kidnapped in the back you could get that for it.... LMAO
LOL!!

Anyone coming out to Katie's tomorrow morning? It's going to be cold and I'm trying to gauge whether or not to go. My dad is in town and would love to check out some cars.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Chris, I expect there will be a decent showing, but nothing like last weekend. I know Bob S is planning on bringing out 3 Shelbys.
I'd be amazed if we didn't have at least 30-40 cars.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Nico Suave is on a distinguished road
It won't even be above freezing until 10am.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
TMAC will become famous soon enough
I really miss going to this event but I don't miss the cold. I am happy to be down here in Tampa, FL where our high tomorrow is 65

Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Katie's, 01/14/12

Proof positive that we have some die-hard people coming to this event. Clear and cold this morning, high 20's. Luckily, no wind. Still, we had something on the order of 60 or so cars. I took the shot of the lot right at 7:30AM.

Several groups came in threes - Camaros, Shelbys... we even had two Rolls Royces and a Bentley show up together.

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Katie's, 01/14/12 - Part 2

More from 01/14/12 -

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 C & C - Great Falls, VA - Katie's