Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

ordered my new turbo set up... 520+ftlb tq at 4krpm.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
ordered my new turbo set up... 520+ftlb tq at 4krpm.

this is the new compound turbo set up from Boost Logic. Just placed my deposit today. Will post up pics as soon as my motor gets back from the machine shop.

dyno and pics are from their test mule car.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 AM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Curtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to beholdCurtis@MD is a splendid one to behold
btw, 20psi at 2800rpm.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
compuund turbo interesting curious to see some solid numbers

Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Please explain the benefits of a compound turbo to me? I'm not familiar with it.

Last edited by Francesco; 02-16-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Snacks has a spectacular aura aboutSnacks has a spectacular aura about
Curtis, your car ran so well on the stock twin setup followed by the small single...I can't imagine your car with this setup.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Very cool! I may have missed it, but what size is this turbo?
Impressive stats! No lag in a Supra must be a blast!

I remember Amuse Japan made a similar kit. Very small turbine, minimal lag, and gobs of torque down low.....way low.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Very nice!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved 6-Speed is on a distinguished road
Nice.

I read about the compound turbo setup on Supraforums.com.

Pretty ineteresting stuff.

Off hand I would think the two turbines spinning at different speeds would cause poor boost response or some sort of compressor surging, but Boost Logic is one of the more reputable Supra shops around which leads me to believe they have done the research and resolved any problems that have arisen.

It looks like this setup will reduce the lagginess of a big single setup!

Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
wow that's an awesome setup.. first time I seen something like that.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 PM
QSMKIV is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Evolved 6-Speed
It looks like this setup will reduce the lagginess of a big single setup!
Lag is overrated. Good luck on your build Curtis.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:22 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
very nice..

Old 03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
EvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant futureEvoForever has a brilliant future
dayem!!! that is some serious torque. How much HP? looks like about 640 to the wheels? How does it hook with all that torque?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
FaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to behold
slicks. the torque curve is excellent. Lots of power down low unlike the higher power cars, where the power starts at 5k.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Japanese Exotic ;)
Originally Posted by FaFaSupra
slicks. the torque curve is excellent. Lots of power down low unlike the higher power cars, where the power starts at 5k.
power should top out at 800rwhp

Old 03-03-2009, 03:02 AM
texasnoiz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Curtis@MD
power should top out at 800rwhp
been to the Texas Mile? Supra did >240 mph recently

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ordered my new turbo set up... 520+ftlb tq at 4krpm.