Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panny' GTS ot PTT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Question Panny' GTS ot PTT?

I will be looking for a Sedan type vehicle to take on long trips, weekend get-a way's and wondered if I could get real driver's insight between the two in regards to comfort, reliability, and sportiness...

Old 09-30-2014, 05:52 AM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
There is no substitute for HP. Get the PTT.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 AM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
Have you seen this recent thread about ride differences?

I have a 2013 Panamera GTS with 18-way seats. Been on a 3,500 mile trip and a 6,500 mile cross-country trip.

- No reliability issues, just bug splatter, a nail in the tire and road construction.

- We do not mind a firm suspension. I put the suspension in "sport" or "sport+" if the road is in decent shape. Otherwise, it goes in comfort. Have done 650 miles in a single day with a couple of breaks to stretch the legs and rest the rear-side.

- GTS handles great, especially with suspension in "sport+". Left sport-chronos in "sport". I noticed the effects on power in mid-west and west where only 91 or 92 octane gas is available. Power also suffers a bit at the higher elevations (ie, Rocky Mountains) where PTT may be better?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dhh
there is no substitute for hp. Get the ptt.
+1...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:24 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
+1...
+2

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
There is no substitute for HP. Get the PTT.

+100 you won't regret a properly spec'd Turbo.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I also vote for the PTT - but then that is what we all drive! GTS is great car and for canyon carving may be the best option. But for long trips and open road driving you can't beat the comfort and sport combination of the PTT or PTTS - you can drive in comfort mode and be in luxury or in sport plus and it is an animal.

I drive 135 miles per day to work and commute in my PTT. I also have logged trips in the 1,000 to 3,000 mile range round trip to various destinations. I have had no issues with my car, now with over 50,000 miles in 21 months. I love the car.

The torque on the open road of the Turbo motor simply makes the car. It just pushes the car down the road at an astonishing pace! Simple GIAC tune add 70 hp and 90 ft lbs of torque - more to be had with down pipes etc... But no matter what the car is the ultimate Jeckle and Hyde! I was reminded of this last weekend when I jumped into sport plus mode on a fun section of road with a friend in the car and his reaction to the pace, handling and stick of the car was (and I quote) "HOLY $#!^ THIS CAR IS SICK". Many fast large sedans, but no other like the PTT.

Both are great cars, the only bad decision would be to buy another Marq's large sedan!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I will be looking for a Sedan type vehicle to take on long trips, weekend get-a way's and wondered if I could get real driver's insight between the two in regards to comfort, reliability, and sportiness...
I'll give you my take: dollar for dollar GTS is best value. It kinda depends if u prefer NA engine or turbo. Both are very quick. My personal take is the GTS is more buttoned down, and is lighter. If you get a PTT grab the PDCC and PSE, enhances the experience greatly. Another thing I noticed is the 2014 refresh made the PTT louder.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
I'll give you my take: dollar for dollar GTS is best value. It kinda depends if u prefer NA engine or turbo. Both are very quick. My personal take is the GTS is more buttoned down, and is lighter. If you get a PTT grab the PDCC and PSE, enhances the experience greatly. Another thing I noticed is the 2014 refresh made the PTT louder.
Great points. The 2014's are definitely louder than previous years which is always nice. As for the GTS, with PSE it's a rowdy machine and the N/A motor is awesome. Stiffer suspension but not unbearable on a semi-long road trip.

I'd say if it's a DD with long trips in the future go with Turbo and don't look back.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-02-2014, 05:00 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Just get the most you can afford.