Sponsored by: Supersprint

QUESTION: H&R/Cargraphic Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
timbit x is on a distinguished road
QUESTION: H&R/Cargraphic Lowering Springs

Hey all,

I am looking at purchasing a used set of Cargraphic/H&R lowering springs (in Marketplace). They are model number 29111-1 which were made of MY 2005-2008 997 Turbos. The seller used them on his Targa C4S and found no issues.

I have a 2008 C4 which of course has the wide body, with less than 100lbs difference in gross weight (as far as I can tell). H&R/Cargraphic part made for this is the 54097.

I am wondering if anyone know is I can use the Cargraphic 29111's. If the different spring rate will cause damage over the long haul. (I'm using stock shocks)

(I have called H&R and their tech guys are at a show until next week).

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
Hey Kevin,
The big difference between the kits for the Turbo and the C4-S is that the Turbo springs are designed for PASM systems. The parts for the C4-S are ok for use with PASM but weren't designed for it. The Turbo springs also drop the car a little less (1.0 inches front/rear instead of 1.25 for the C4-S). This is because the turbo suspension sits a little lower from the factory.

Long story short, you should be ok running these springs, they won't drop you as low as the pieces designed for your car though.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 AM
timbit x is on a distinguished road
Awesome, thanks for the response!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
No problem. We are a H&R distributor, so if you decide you wanted to get the other pieces instead, just give us a shout and I can get them rolling right away. Thank you

Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timbit x
Hey all,

I am looking at purchasing a used set of Cargraphic/H&R lowering springs (in Marketplace). They are model number 29111-1 which were made of MY 2005-2008 997 Turbos. The seller used them on his Targa C4S and found no issues.

I have a 2008 C4 which of course has the wide body, with less than 100lbs difference in gross weight (as far as I can tell). H&R/Cargraphic part made for this is the 54097.

I am wondering if anyone know is I can use the Cargraphic 29111's. If the different spring rate will cause damage over the long haul. (I'm using stock shocks)

(I have called H&R and their tech guys are at a show until next week).

Cheers,
Kevin

So they would work on a C4s with PASM?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes, the springs will work with PASM.