Posting on behalf of Dave Bhuta - a dear friend of our Ben

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 09:50 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Posting on behalf of Dave Bhuta - a dear friend of our Ben

All,
Ben’s wife has asked me to save this string of messages so that one day she can print it out and look at it herself and also show it to Parker, his daughter, when she grows up. This will help to preserve his memory in all of us. Please post anything you feel is appropriate. I will pass it onto Charlotte, his wife, later on. If you need to send something more personal (which you do not want posted), please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail at bhutad@yahoo.com. I will print it out and forward it to Charlotte.

Thanks,

David Bhuta

Old 06-04-2005, 09:59 AM
wantone is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear Ben,

We've talked a dozen times over the forum here about cars, pictures, even shared a few jokes. Though you are many levels above me, you've never turned back on a fellow enthusiast, nor have you ever looked down on those less fortunate. You will be sadly missed by the community. Moreover, you will be sadly missed by me!

May your rest in peace.
Everett

Old 06-04-2005, 10:20 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Ben,
Though I did not know you personally, I feel as though I have lost a great friend. This is a terrible thing that has touched me very deeply. I have not been able to think straight since seeing that aweful thread. It is very hard to crack a smile and enjoy life when someone elses was so swiftly taken away. I appreciate all you have done for the Porsche community and the world as a whole. You were always very helpful and from what I can tell a great man. You have taught us a very big lesson here to enjoy life to the fullest as it can be gone as quick as it came. If there is one thing that is not tragic about this, it is that you left us doing what you loved, driving a supercar that most can only dream of touching let alone owning. May you rest in peace and my prayers go out to your familly and friends, they lost a great man (which I am sure they know much better than I do).
My very best regards to you, your familly, and your friends. REST IN PEACE BEN...
Evan K.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Ben,
I am truly sad and got little sleep last night after knowing of your passing. Even though I never met you we sent some pm's back and I am truly grateful for sharing that with you. Right now I feel like I lost a brother, may you rest in peace.

To the family: my prayers are with you.

Sincerly,
Cole McConnell
Dallas, TX

Train, When I Look To The Sky

When it rains it pours and opens doors
And floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry
And in the midst of sailing ships we sink our lips into the ones we love
That have to say goodbye

And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that won't seem to let me go

Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way when you are here

And every word I didn't say that caught up in some busy day
And every dance on the kitchen floor we didn't have before
And every sunset that we'll miss I'll wrap them all up in a kiss
And pick you up in all of this when I sail away

And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion that I hope will never leave

Whether I am up or down or in or out or just plane overhead
Instead it just feels like it is impossible to fly
But with you I can spread my wings
to see me over everything that life may send me
When I am hoping it won't pass me by

And when I feel like there is no one that will ever know me
there you are to show me

Cause when I look to the sky something tells me you're here with me
And you make everything alright
And when I feel like I'm lost something tells me you're here with me
And I can always find my way when you are here

Old 06-04-2005, 10:34 AM
live porsche
hockeygod2787 is on a distinguished road
Ben, I have only been on the fourms for a bit.... and havent met you. But since the first time I was on this site I would read everyhting about you and ur beautiful cars also your great amount of knoledge towards porsche.
R.I.P
Chris

Old 06-04-2005, 10:35 AM
shamrock is on a distinguished road
Ben,
I have never met you but even though this was the case I feel that you were and are still a great friend. God bestowed upon you a beautiful family and daughter which will be taken care of by his hands, i promise you. You are a great person and had such a love for everythign in life- you deserve the best and you had the best. You are an amazing person and may the lord bless you and your family until the end of time.
May god grant you the best while you are away from us, but remember that we will be with you in due time. See you soon brother. God bless,
Sincerely,
Ryan Sylvester
New Durham, New Hampshire

Old 06-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Ben though we have never met in person or any other way besides car forums. I still feel as though I lost a family member. We did not talk much, though you often quoted or replied to my posts, always in a very friendly or humorous way. Every time I seen a Carrera GT, I thought of you, as the fellow enthusiast who also shared the same passion that I did for Porsche, Ferrari, and cars all together. It cripples me to see you go like this; I wish you, your wife, and daughter only the best. May you rest in peace friend. It is very sad to not see the Carrera GT avatar with the sun setting in the background anymore on 6speedonline.

God Bless

Sebastian
Chicago, Illinois

Last edited by Ferrarislave; 06-04-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
craiglieberman is on a distinguished road
Ben;
When we first met, I'll admit I was a little apprehensive about approaching someone with such a high end car. You always hear stories about privileged people being stand-offish or snobby and I was a relative new-comer.

After 10 seconds of talking to you, you successfully shattered any preconceived notions I had about people in the high end car world. You were warm, funny and very approachable...a perfect ambassador for this hobby.

I can find only a miniscule amount of comfort from the notion that you were doing what you loved, but I am deeply saddened at the thought of what your loss means to your wife and to your precious Parker.

You will be missed...and you will be remembered.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:21 AM
R.I.P. ben, lj
Godzirra is on a distinguished road
Ben,

When I think of this forum, you are the first person that comes to mind. Though I don't post often, I do read daily, and often seek your posts specifically (especially if I need a chuckle). You have been very generous with both your time and knowledge. We will certainly miss you picking on the "porky pig" lambos. It was an honor to be a very small part of your life through this forum.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Garey Cooper is on a distinguished road
Ben, I found your postings intelligent and earnest and always read them with interest. I think a proof of character in a person is how they present their thoughts and issues and then defend them, because we all cannot always agree.

For this reason I have respected you although we've never met personally.

I know you left us doing something of great enjoyment and personal satisfaction to you. Something that you shared with all of us here on our forum. I can only hope that this knowledge will in some small ways sustain your wife and daughter in the time ahead.

We as human beings never choose the timing; only the way we spend the time we have.

Godspeed!

Old 06-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
Parker,

I am so sorry you grew up with out really knowing your father. As you can read, he was a blessed man whose graciousness touched us all.

I never met your father personally but I grew to know him through this 6speed community. Even though I was not close to him, I have shed many tears. Perhaps it is because my wife is now pregnant with twins and the thought of not seeing them grow up tears me up. I know your father would have traded all of his wealth and cars to spend just a few more minutes with you and your mother.

Your fathers death was not in vain. I believe there would have been others who might have been hurt or killed in their cars had they not had the opportunity to reflect on what is truly important. Our families are more important than anything and reflecting on your fathers death will help me be a better driver and take less risk. I am so sorry for your loss and hope you will gain some perspective on how your father affected us all. I pray peace and blessings for your life and that you may never again experience such a loss.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
trekkyy is on a distinguished road
Ben,

Ive never met you but i feel like ive known you for years. I would rather remember how you lived your life and how fortunate your family is for having such a decent and wonderful father and husband. May God be with you and may he watch over your family. You will be missed here at 6speed but your spirit will always be us. God speed and so long........

Old 06-04-2005, 12:28 PM
BobbyC is on a distinguished road
Ben...you were gracious to provide me with good advice on a couple of occassions, and I'm sorry and sad we didn't get a chance to know each other better. Thank you, rest in peace and may God bless your family.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
Ben and Family,

I never did get the pleasure to meet Ben in person but like many others I was lucky enough to chat with him on 6speed. He was always more than happy to answer any of my questions or do anything to help me out. I had always joked with him about flying out to take a spin in his CGT. Parker your dad was loved by so many and he loved to post pictures that commonly had you in them. May he smile down on you and your mother always.

RIP Ben, Lj

Sincerely,
Brandon Taylor
Maine

Old 06-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I don't really know what to say, but after reading the posts this morning I just felt I had to add something.

I have never met Ben, since I live 10,000miles away, but thanks to the power of the internet I did engage with him in discussions on this and other forums like most people here and he was a great guy, who shared the same incredible passion that all of us here have for our cars.

I therefore just wanted to add my sincere condolences from England.

RIP

Guy

London, England

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Posting on behalf of Dave Bhuta - a dear friend of our Ben