My Tribute to Ben K.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:16 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
My Tribute to Ben K.

We must not get lost on this tragedy. Its easy to give in. Its natural to feel pain and sorrow. For some of us it may be the first time we taste this bitterness. For me its not. I lost my Dad when I was 20. I have lost fellow racers in motocross and now Ben is the first one I knew, that I lost on the car track. But know this. Ben and other guys that are on the track, are consumed by the passion we share for this sport. Bikes or cars. Not many people know such passion. Many people...no Most people do not take the chances to feel such joy, so high. They limit what they feel in life. The highs are muted and the lows are shallow.Ben was not such a person. You could tell from his posts, his unselfishness to share, his passion to help. He celebrated his life. He did not spend a lot of time looking back or wondering "what if". We should do the same. Celebrate what Ben was, what he did. I lived through his posts as a CGT was beyond my means. I wondered what it felt like to comptimplate such a car that we dream about. He told us, through his ups and downs on what he was thinking. He did not hold back, and he let us know through his written thoughts. We should celebrate this mans life. We are all better people for knowing him(even only through his words) There are not many who can say they affected people the way he did.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Well Said.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:56 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks OldGuy. That about sums it up....

Old 06-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Banned
Mike T will become famous soon enough
Great post. That is very true ... he certainly accomplished more in his short life than most people ever will. He is certainly someone to be admired and remembered positively.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:05 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Very Nice Old Guy, Brought a lump to my throat and peace to my heart.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
I feel the same, lost my father when I was 17. Its not fun, but yet life does go on, remember the happy times and know that one day we'll reunite with my father, Old Guy's father and Ben. I didn't know Ben although obviously read many posts and feel like I knew him as a friend.

Last edited by Brian Haske; 06-05-2005 at 02:19 PM.