It will have been 1 year ago on Friday June 2...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
It will have been 1 year ago on Friday June 2...

...that Ben passed away and this board was swamped with grief. A year later, everything is back to normal, but I always feel an undertone from what happened. I know I personally think about track events much more cautiously, especially since I have a young child.

A year later I still think about it now and then and it still hasn't quite registered. Especially with college football season coming up, whenever I see a big matchup or hear of a story, I automatically start to write an email to Ben....

Anyway, I hope on Friday everyone will give a thought to this...go back and read some of the messages in this forum and remember.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:25 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
It's nice to remember...I have this date on my calendar but didn't know if we should post or something...but at the end of the day, it's always good to remember a good man. His posts are awesome and his life was full of meaning. I miss him.

Ben, we remember you, buddy. All of the positive things you stood for are still here.

Thomas

Last edited by TUUNER; 05-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I agree, a great guy.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
beemaze is on a distinguished road
Will never forget....

Old 06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
the man will be loved forever.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:14 AM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Rest in peace.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
It's one year today, seems like yesterday. RIP

Old 06-03-2006, 11:57 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
RIP Ben......

Old 06-03-2006, 02:41 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
A friend gave this to me and I posted it sometime last year after the accident, but not sure where it is now. To me it's very representative of him and--like he was--it's a thought-provoking example of what being a good person is all about.

What Will Matter

Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end.
There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear.
So too, your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won't matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on at the end.
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.
Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.

So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?

What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.

What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.

Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
Choose to live a life that matters.

Very sad to have lost a friend, one that mattered so much to so many. I've lost a few in the past few years, and what a crushed feeling you get knowing you won't be able to share enjoyable experiences with them anymore. But the families have it the worst, and my heart goes out to them. I'm going to raise a glass at dinner tonight and toast a good friend, wish for his family a healing, loving and happy future, and count myself grateful to meet new friends through our love of cars.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe it's been a year.

We miss you Ben.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 will become famous soon enough
We certainly miss you Ben.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
We all miss you Ben
Cant believe its been a year already, RIP.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I read many of Ben's posts last night..it does seem like yesterday..

RIP.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Gill is a jewel in the roughGill is a jewel in the roughGill is a jewel in the rough
I actually first came across this board when it was posted on m5board.com about ben's accident...

it immediately became apparent what a fantastic part in the community ben played and even to this day I sometimes look back at his posts... not sure why really, but they carry a lot of wisdom and not one makes for a dull read.

its a real shame that I didnt find this board earlier because I'd love to have been a part of some of ben's conversations... all I can say is he is a great person and certainly a great inspiration...

rest in peace, buddy

Old 06-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
He will not be forgotten.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It will have been 1 year ago on Friday June 2...