6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

2007 GT GTC Questions from NEWBIE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:00 PM
John R. Allen is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 GT GTC Questions from NEWBIE

I am new and thinking about purchasing a 2007 GT GTC. It is mint two owners, never winter driven etc...brand new tires. I heard about a vacuum leak due to a cracked plastic line. Is this applicable on the 20007 model year? Any information on this car would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. P.S. is there any known issue with the air ride suspension system?

Old 12-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John R. Allen
I am new and thinking about purchasing a 2007 GT GTC. It is mint two owners, never winter driven etc...brand new tires. I heard about a vacuum leak due to a cracked plastic line. Is this applicable on the 20007 model year? Any information on this car would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. P.S. is there any known issue with the air ride suspension system?
Here's a link to a recent thread about this problem.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...leak-help.html

From a quick read of the thread my takeaway is you want to be *darn* sure the pipe isn't leaking or better yet it was leaking and has been fixed with I guess the upgraded metal piping.

Be sure you give the car a thorough road test. My recommendation is a 15 mile test ride followed by a 15 mile test drive. The route chosen should give the driver a chance to drive the car as you intend to drive the car with a mix of city, boulevard and highway/freeway driving.