6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Water entrapped on inner side ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Beru is on a distinguished road
Question Water entrapped on inner side ...

Hi , does anyone has experienced this. I bought a set of mag wheels and driving in the rain, The car suddenly have a lot of vibrations. I have worked in a garage years ago and I knew immediately that it was one or more wheel unbalanced...
I stopped the car and finally observed that there was water on the inner side of the wheels, The design of it makes the water stay in it and unbalanced the wheel. I removed all the water with a towel and everything has been ok ... for one mile! Then the same happens.. Any solution...?

Old 12-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Return the wheels? To collect water to the point wheel/tire balance is affected I believe is a serious design flaw.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:00 PM
I am sure that this is a bad design.. I'm gonna try to return it.. but it sound that I will have to fight a bit...

Old 12-18-2018, 08:32 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Be sure to stress your concerns about the affect this imbalance flaw has on the car's behavior and as a result your concerns about safety and because of this you have lost all enjoyment from having the wheels on the car.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:45 AM
For sure !! Thanks for your thoughts