Cayenne
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning out water A/C water drains DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:07 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Cleaning out water A/C water drains DIY

Anyone have a link to a DIY for cleaning out the A/C water drains? I am assuming mine have become blocked as I keep getting water pouring into the car both in the front and rear footwells when my A/C runs for a while on a hot day. Thx!

Old 08-12-2014, 12:01 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I am going to look into this some more myself. Makes me wonder if my drip in the back isn't related to some of the issues I've read about this. This was all I found in a quick google search but I'm not sure that's the AC drain he found?

Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Hmmm, found this little gem too. I'm going to look to see if I can find these drains tonight..... http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...oshing-noises/

Old 08-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Hmmm, found this little gem too. I'm going to look to see if I can find these drains tonight..... http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...oshing-noises/
The car in the renntech thread has a Sport design kit with bigger sills. Without that the drains and plugs are in plain sight. Pulled my driver side drain tonight and it had the same waxy buildup like they talked about but didn't seem to be plugged.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Mang0 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this. Will tackle this issue this weekend.

Damn weather gets so hot and so cold here that our climate control systems in our car works harder than anything else in our cars I'd have to say.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 PM
After looking and digging around some more I still am not sure what he is really draining in the video I posted above. I get a nice puddle under the car just in from the right front wheel after parking. That's the drain I'm sure. The one he is draining I think is either sunroof or just the undertray/wheel-well drain. I think that's what the little button drains on the bottom of the undertray are for.

Somewhere I saw a suggestion to open up the cabin airfilter box if you think yours is plugged and the box will be full of water. I plan on changing my filter one of these days but I'm sure mine is not plugged.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Here is some more info I found.... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-footwell.html