Here's the official 991 Turbo/S site. Configurator online now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Nobody said anything about this, so I'll address it. This car is going to be an awesome performer, but is anyone else disappointed that after much speculation, it isn't a Tri-Turbo? They ended up sticking with twin turbos, which as we all know is fine, but the thought of having the third turbo in the car in a sequential manner was pretty cool. I know, just more un-needed weight, moving parts to break etc. But the Tri-Turbo rumors had me excited. The speculations on the new BMW's tri-turbo seem really interesting too.
Considering that Porsche has elected to go with PDK-only and other added tech but elected not to go tri-turbo most likely means there was no benefit to be had with tri-turbo.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
listen, dont worry bout dings etc. drive the car, I've kept miles low on a car and got maybe $700 more at trade in time, big deal. Enjoy the car. As for the console, a Porsche rep in Germany told me the new console is NOT a Panamera console, both the Panamera and 991-911 have Carrera GT inspired consoles
I am beginning to wonder if this line (above) was part of some type of sales training session .

I look at the 991 console (which I happen to really like BTW) and i see Panamera dash . If it looks like a Panamera , has two tone like a Panamera , and a PDK shifter like a Panamera , and an electric brake like a Panamera .. it does not , and can not , be a Carrera Gt .

Old 05-07-2013, 02:38 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Nobody said anything about this, so I'll address it. This car is going to be an awesome performer, but is anyone else disappointed that after much speculation, it isn't a Tri-Turbo? They ended up sticking with twin turbos, which as we all know is fine, but the thought of having the third turbo in the car in a sequential manner was pretty cool. I know, just more un-needed weight, moving parts to break etc. But the Tri-Turbo rumors had me excited. The speculations on the new BMW's tri-turbo seem really interesting too.
I agree with you . Part of me wonders if a tri turbo could surface in a future refresh . Perhaps that's why it was hinted at so much ?
It would be a perfect marketing strategy (in my opinion) .

Consider this -- It would open the door to higher pricing , more frequent trade ins , and fill the gap with CPO Turbos and keep the technology in a constant process of evolution .

Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
sitecap is on a distinguished road
Folding side mirrors

Anyone know the real cost of the folding side mirrors? I doubt it is the price of a discounted Nissan Versa.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 AM
991TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sitecap
Anyone know the real cost of the folding side mirrors? I doubt it is the price of a discounted Nissan Versa.
Well it's kinda funny

In the USA configuration it says 9,999$

And I'm sure it's a typo

Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Tony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of lightTony007 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sitecap
Some other countrys are listing that option as $0

Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Are the speed numbers conservative or is the GT-R the faster car again ?

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Twin turbo (not triple turbo as was widely rumored). Still, fingers crossed that the lag is finally gone in this edition!
What lag are you referring to?

Maybe its because I came from 2 MKIV Single turbo supras, then a 996TT, I am now driving a 997.1TT and have almost zero lag.

Anyone else think the 997 is laggy?

Old 05-12-2013, 08:04 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I think the Turbo is absolutely gorgeous !! In my opinion the biggest criticism of the 991 in general was that its luxury drew away from the traditional simplicity found inthe earlier 911 cars. In fact its part of the reason why i feel the 991 Gt3 is NOT "the one" to get . The idea of a Panamera style console in a Gt3 is outrageous . I also feel that a manual gearbox almost seems ill suited for the interior .

The turbo has always been the car which combines luxury with power . This time it's the ideal choice of the 991 model line up !!! It's turbo engines spool and almost sound like a low level flying jet . In silver the car actually looks like a spaceship !! It's amazing !!!

Comfort. style. Porsche reliability, all the techno goodies , it's as perfect as a car can get !!

I want one !! The only problem is that I find myself so spoiled by the space that I have in my cars like the M3 and cayenne that I rarely drive my 997 Turbo . When I drive it I do love it but its just not practical for me at age 55 anymore . Replacing 3 cars too frequently can really add up when the prices keep jumping 20 and 30 percent a la Porsche.
I also spent the last 6 years worrying about dings and road debris and the idea of spending nearly 200K to subject myself to this type od worry all over again with a car that isn't practical for me is tough to digest.

I don't know what I will end up deciding but I really like this car !!!
I totally agree about its looks. Understated a bit, elegant sleek, and the working side scoops promising a monster in sheep's clothing. I will need to love it person and when I drive it. But for now. I want it. I liked the look of the GT 3. But it is too much for me - too in your face - which is appropriate as it is all street racer all the time.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
991TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
Dubai Porsche website has a web special on if anyone is interested.

AED 659,500 thats dubai price for turbo S

call it a magic .. i knew the prices before release LOL