I hate sunroofs, can it be true a carbon roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
I hate sunroofs, can it be true a carbon roof

I hate sunroofs, a carbon roof sounds awesome, is it true or just teasing us? , will we get this in the USA

Old 05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I have to admit I'm equally excited about that, and just read about it on another post. That would be a world-class cool option, and I hope we get it in the US market too.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
watch the turbo S video ,it shows a silver car with a black roof, dunno if its clear or carbon

Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
That would be sweet. I'm getting one for mine if they ever made it to the US. (It shouldn't be a problem since BMW's been running around with CF roof since 2006/7 with the E63 M6)

Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM
So anyone see any evidence it available? I didnt see it on the German car configurator, anyone know more?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
So anyone see any evidence it available? I didnt see it on the German car configurator, anyone know more?
I havent seen anything on this either. May be a future option that is not available on first releases (if at all true)

Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I even checked the GT3 Configurator figuring they would offer it there too if it was available

Old 06-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Dlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the roughDlff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
I even checked the GT3 Configurator figuring they would offer it there too if it was available
I don't think Carbon roof is offered as an option in the GT3 & TT models. In the GT3 sunroof is not offered as an option. Where as in the TT model, you can choose from having a full glass sunroof, metal sunroof & no sunroof at all. When you see the TT's roof in Black is because the glass roof has very heavy tint on it & looks like Black or Carbon from outside.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dlff
I don't think Carbon roof is offered as an option in the GT3 & TT models. In the GT3 sunroof is not offered as an option. Where as in the TT model, you can choose from having a full glass sunroof, metal sunroof & no sunroof at all. When you see the TT's roof in Black is because the glass roof has very heavy tint on it & looks like Black or Carbon from outside.

true.

P wont offer a CF roof in a sub 200k car. It cant to protect its margins. The only recent 911 variant to offer CF was in the $240k GT2RS. The CF bits were the hood, fenders and some trim pieces.

IMO the GT cars, and TT SHOULD be majority CF but P is too cheap to do it. Meanwhile BMW has been offering it in the M3 and M6 for while. And Oh btw the upcoming Vette will offer a CF hood and top. Yeah P. Yeah.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Porsche see's the writing on the wall and will be offering a cf roof. But we're gonna have to wait for the 3RS is my guess. With the focus of the GT3 becoming more of a GT car and less of a track duty sports car with each iteration, it seems Porsche is putting the sporti g goods into the RS cars. With the rumors of Porsche focusing on lightening the 3RS for the upcoming 991 variant, the long asked for CF roof makes perfect sense.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:40 AM
aerogt3 is infamous around these partsaerogt3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K-E-V
That would be sweet. I'm getting one for mine if they ever made it to the US. (It shouldn't be a problem since BMW's been running around with CF roof since 2006/7 with the E63 M6)
Porsche are very conservative and very cheap (Swabians....) Think about PDK, carbon, etc. and you can easily see they are the last to the party on new technologies.

Their engineering culture is to wait for other manufacturers to do it, then copy and/or hire people from those companies.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:48 PM
well, if no carbon roof, I'll be happy if I can just go with no sunroof, looks like it so far in the USA hooray, my S will be ordered no sunroof

Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I know its not the real deal but I was thinking, no sunroof and wrapping the roof black on white TT