Red Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 AM
2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold
Red Interior

In the process of ordering the 991tt. Debating between silver vs. white. Always had silver or black cars, however the white 991tt in the promotional video looks awesome. I'm leaning toward the white. My question is red interior? My dealer thought this would look hot. For those who have a red interior, does the novelty wear off after some time?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I think a red interior is awesome... especially when the exterior is white or black... silver works too. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 PM
TTS
TTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of lightTTS is a glorious beacon of light
I think the red interior is exclusive to the turbo s.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Get it! Don't turn back. No novelty about it. Its gorgeous. Everyone has black.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
I love every minute of the granturismo interior and now the m3 in red. Never gets old for me. Wish the raptor had red guts

Last edited by GCBC; 06-11-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:07 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Too much red, Porsche makes everything red!!, No contrast. It becomes blinding and annoying. Look at the Aston Martin red interior, BMW red interior, Jaguar F-Type red interior, they all know how to contrast black,red,carbon,and deviated stitching. Porsche needs to offer more contrasting interiors. But they will not with the red. Go figure?

Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the turbo red interior with the black dash and console. Get the red gauges as an offset and red painted trim. The attraction has not worn off for me.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
It would look great, but could limit the number of resale buyers.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
red is hot. i'm on my 991 with red interior after 2 years of 997 with red interior also. it makes the car somewhat more special & unique, to me at least. however, the key is to play with some options right. order the deviated color carpet in black. u need some other color to break up the red. not to mention black carpet is easier to take care of than red.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Rodstertts is on a distinguished road
I have a 996tts in GT Silver metallic with the full leather Boxster Red. I gotta say, it's the most pleasing to the eyes. I never get tired of it.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM
jumpinjohn will become famous soon enough
I have white 997.2 4S Cab with full leather Red with white stitching. Red carpet and painted white trim. I have white gauges. I love it and drive it everyday. Never tired of it. Next one I get will have red. Only choice will be silver or white...

John

Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 AM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
I'm fully aboard on the red interior bandwagon too. I don't know about the 991 options, but throwing some exterior color inside helps break it up a bit. I also ordered deviated white stitching. Absolutely love it. (Photos)

Old 06-16-2013, 08:30 PM
eddtiff is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by arash
I'm fully aboard on the red interior bandwagon too. I don't know about the 991 options, but throwing some exterior color inside helps break it up a bit. I also ordered deviated white stitching. Absolutely love it. (Photos)
I checked out your ride and it's the first time I have seen the deviating white stitching. I must admit it looks very nice.

I'm looking at the current options on the 991 TT and the only option I see with deviating in it is deviating stitching on the steering wheel. Was there such an option on the configurator when you bought the car?

Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MIkeGTS
Too much red, Porsche makes everything red!!, No contrast. It becomes blinding and annoying. Look at the Aston Martin red interior, BMW red interior, Jaguar F-Type red interior, they all know how to contrast black,red,carbon,and deviated stitching. Porsche needs to offer more contrasting interiors. But they will not with the red. Go figure?
I agree. I plan on doing Porsche exclusive and toning down the overkill. Btw aston's red interior is stunning.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:30 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
I have red interior since 09. LOVE it!

But I have the Full carbon package (Console, shifter, steering wheeldoor moldings, armrest, etc) as well as black carpet. Door panels are 2 tone too. So it is broken up. I looked at a 997TT Cab when purchasing, it had a full red interior. Def needs some black or carbon to break it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Red Interior