I drove the 991 Turbo S and here's my review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nmurray22
I am very excited for you about this car Suzy. Very jealous that you have a Turbo S!
Thanks Nick

I don't have it yet haha... A lot of waiting before I get her. Actually... I haven't even finalized the order yet. Delivery will be somewhere around april/may I guess.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Question.....

Why isn't SPASM offered on the Turbo models?...(sits extra 10MM lower than PASM)

Old 11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Question.....

Why isn't SPASM offered on the Turbo models?...(sits extra 10MM lower than PASM)
I have no idea to be honest. Maybe it has something to do with the more advanced suspension?
Or because of the active aerodynamics? They are designed and calibrated for the car at its original ride height. 10mm lower could disturb the airflow as it was intended to be I guess... (or maybe the retractable frontspoiler would be easily damaged?)

Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Suzy991
I have no idea to be honest. Maybe it has something to do with the more advanced suspension?
Or because of the active aerodynamics? They are designed and calibrated for the car at its original ride height. 10mm lower could disturb the airflow as it was intended to be I guess... (or maybe the retractable frontspoiler would be easily damaged?)
Reason I ask is in the photos I have seen of the Turbo/S, it seems like there's too much wheel gap - like it sits too high (or higher than I would prefer anyway).

Comparing the Turbo/S to the GT3 factory chassis specifications:

"Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with sport tuning and a lowered ride height of approximately 30 mm compared to 911 Carrera"

IOW the GT3 sits 10MM lower than a C2S-C4S w/SPASM & looks perfect to me.

Oh who cares - not a big deal - only another couple thousand in aftermarket parts & labor to get it to my liking....ha!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:39 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Reason I ask is in the photos I have seen of the Turbo/S, it seems like there's too much wheel gap - like it sits too high (or higher than I would prefer anyway).

Comparing the Turbo/S to the GT3 factory chassis specifications:

"Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with sport tuning and a lowered ride height of approximately 30 mm compared to 911 Carrera"

IOW the GT3 sits 10MM lower than a C2S-C4S w/SPASM & looks perfect to me.

Oh who cares - not a big deal - only another couple thousand in aftermarket parts & labor to get it to my liking....ha!
Good question, my major concern w/ doing any alignment adjustments or suspension mods is how they would affect the geometry given the RWS, I guess we'll have to wait and see after the race shops have some time to play around w/ the 991GT3 and TT RWS for a year or two.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Question.....

Great observation. No wonder turbo / turboS look taller!

Suzy: who says you should at all drive C4S in normal mode???

Last edited by Fester; 11-11-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:40 PM
DaveChapin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fester
Great observation. No wonder turbo / turboS look taller!

Suzy: who says you should at all drive C4S in normal mode???
Yeah, it's really too bad. I'm not into aggressively lowering cars, but no question the Turbo sure would have looked better w/ a little additional drop.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
I must see it in flesh, but on live pics it looks nice to me. I dont like too low cars for various reasons.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DaveChapin
Yeah, it's really too bad. I'm not into aggressively lowering cars, but no question the Turbo sure would have looked better w/ a little additional drop.
I'm sure you will be able to lower it in the after market. I am not into lowering cars too much either. Personally, I appreciate that it is not too low, as I will drive this during some regular activities and I hate to scrape.

Last edited by 991TurboS; 11-12-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
I will definitely get a clearbra. I have it on my boxster as well and it's great, I just need to do some research on what is the best and is available here in Europe. I have 3M on the Boxster (done by the previous owner) but that car is black.
I heard that some clearbras can get yellowish on a white car and I don't want that
There's plenty of time for it. It'll take at least 6 months to get the car delivered and I haven't ordered it it yet, although I'm planning to do this week....

Suzy991
1. EVERY clearbra on the market today will get yellowish overtime. UV only expedites the process

2. Its a misconception that AWD (especially when its rear wheel bias AWD) is safer in inclement weather than rear wheel drive. Throwing on the proper snow tires will offer excellent snow traction.

3. With that said...Turbo is a great GT car but IMO, GT3 all the way. Both are practical, one just happens to cost uber more, AWD, doesn't handle as well and weighs a significant amount

Last edited by mark12345; 11-13-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
I'm sure you will be able to lower it in the after market. I am not into lowering cars too much either. Personally, I appreciate that it is not too low, as I will drive this during some regular activities and I hate to scrape.
Yep agreed love the looks of turbo/turboS. Here's my C4S, random shot ...it's at lowest with S-PASM and PDCC. I hardly scrape it..the front overhang angle is way more practical than prior gens. Of course, gotta be careful on steep ramps etc by driving at an angle.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	300780  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by mark12345
1. EVERY clearbra on the market today will get yellowish overtime. UV only expedites the process 2. Its a misconception that AWD (especially when its rear wheel bias AWD) is safer in inclement weather than rear wheel drive. Throwing on the proper snow tires will offer excellent snow traction. 3. With that said...Turbo is a great GT car but IMO, GT3 all the way. Both are practical, one just happens to cost uber more, AWD, doesn't handle as well and weighs a significant amount
1. Sounds very plausible

2. I disagree. It IS definitely safer on wet/damp roads or in the rain. You just have more traction. I am not talking about snow... In snow not one 911 is nice to drive.

3. GT3 is not practical at all and not a possible daily driver (at least not for me). Handling may be slightly better, although the new Turbo really is not far off the handling of the GT3 if we may believe several reviews. (i didn't drive a 991 GT3, so I can't say anything about it)

4... I will probably not go for the Turbo S anyway...
I think I'm going to stick with my original plan and go for a C4S with less options than originally intended and trade in my Boxster S. I'll try to not use the C4S as my daily driver (although I will probably drive it at least every other day in the end... I know myself).
Big chance that my business car/daily driver/family car, will be a Macan Turbo.
With the money saved by going for a C4S, I can buy an Audi A5 cabriolet for my GF, so we still have a comfortable convertible for sunny days and she has a nice DD.
That makes more people happy than just me

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I am awestruck at your selflessness, especially after having driven the TT-S! Kudos to you, Suzy.

1. Sounds very plausible

2. I disagree. It IS definitely safer on wet/damp roads or in the rain. You just have more traction. I am not talking about snow... In snow not one 911 is nice to drive.

3. GT3 is not practical at all and not a possible daily driver (at least not for me). Handling may be slightly better, although the new Turbo really is not far off the handling of the GT3 if we may believe several reviews. (i didn't drive a 991 GT3, so I can't say anything about it)

4... I will probably not go for the Turbo S anyway...
I think I'm going to stick with my original plan and go for a C4S with less options than originally intended and trade in my Boxster S. I'll try to not use the C4S as my daily driver (although I will probably drive it at least every other day in the end... I know myself).
Big chance that my business car/daily driver/family car, will be a Macan Turbo.
With the money saved by going for a C4S, I can buy an Audi A5 cabriolet for my GF, so we still have a comfortable convertible for sunny days and she has a nice DD.
That makes more people happy than just me

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Milanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of lightMilanno is a glorious beacon of light
991 Turbo S have one issue - price

Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 PM
two outtakes is on a distinguished road
thanks for the review. well stated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I drove the 991 Turbo S and here's my review