Unsure between Turbo and Turbo S - Ordered Turbo - Still have time to swap to Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 12:29 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Certainly hope you're feeling better!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 PM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
LOL, drove the car more today. Drives like my C2S but with more power and the PDK is more refined. Love the Turbo look. My C2S had the sport exhaust and I miss some of that growl. Did I mention the power?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by carcommander
I ordered a turbo because it was the car I wanted. Other than bragging rights the Turbo S had a bunch of stuff on it that didn't matter to me. Why pay for stuff I don't want. It you can feel one tenth of a second 0 to 60 you are alot more sensative than I am. I can always have it programmed if I want some more horse power or drive one of my other cars.

I ordered it in May. It was delivered to me today.
Feel same way. Actually the Sport Chrono for $4K and LED headlights $3.8K is all of the S-package necessary to add to Turbo. Rear S is $89. The 'S's 40HP(enhanced-eng-tune only with 7200 rev limit)/ceramic brakes/two tone leather seats are not essential for street driving, just more car-cost upfront to depreciate. Those 20" tires with 1" wider tread pattern would be nice but I think is a $4K option for both S and turbo. Guess now pdk has oil-bath clutches which may give less wear. Now that is a Whoopie and 1/2!!
Noticed back that 2007 turbo was $120K, now in 7 years has increased to $150K for pretty much same car except for 3.8 eng with +40HP and mandatory dreaded $4-5K pdk. And too, the exhaust sound on the 2007 was too soft and required EP1. Wonder if these new turbos still have soft exhaust sound. Lit says there is speaker inside that can provide driver enhanced rumble in the cabin, but what does this mean for outside listeners?

Last edited by johnww; 12-17-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:56 PM
zedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud ofzedosix has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by johnww
. Wonder if these new turbos still have soft exhaust sound. Lit says there is speaker inside that can provide driver enhanced rumble in the cabin, but what does this mean for outside listeners?
They get the fumes

Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think you could have gone wrong either way. But, when you think about Turbo S vs. used 458, that puts things in perspective. 458 is such an amazing car, I'd take it over a turbo s. You're definitely going to get more attention n a 458, and for some, that might be a deal breaker. Congrats again!!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:12 PM
DaveChapin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I don't think you could have gone wrong either way. But, when you think about Turbo S vs. used 458, that puts things in perspective. 458 is such an amazing car, I'd take it over a turbo s. You're definitely going to get more attention n a 458, and for some, that might be a deal breaker. Congrats again!!
When I have looked on AutoTrader and eBay, I see 458s but to get one that is meaningfully optioned seems to take 230k or more. 200k is my ceiling and at that price I would rather have a bespoke 991TTS than a used Italian.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:39 PM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
I also own a 458. A very different car. An optioned up 991S is 200k but the total cost of ownership is much different. There places I would take a 911 that I would not take a Ferrari. That's said if it's just a weekend toy a 458 is perfect. My turbo is a DD.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I owned several 997 Turbos, the S was never a consideration bc for 3k chip you save all that money and get way more power. PCCB I did not need.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by carcommander
I also own a 458. A very different car. An optioned up 991S is 200k but the total cost of ownership is much different. There places I would take a 911 that I would not take a Ferrari. That's said if it's just a weekend toy a 458 is perfect. My turbo is a DD.
Agree with you for DD supercar there is no better than a Porsche Turbo