best non-yellowing clear bra?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 AM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Question best non-yellowing clear bra?

What do folks recommend for a "non yellowing" clear bra?
It would be going on a white 991 TT cab...

Thanks for any and all tips and pointers!!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:40 AM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Suntek or Xpel. Both are very good and have self healing ability.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:48 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I have the newer 3M self healing product, 911 sits in hot sun with yellowing. Most important is getting the proper installer.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM
BlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura aboutBlownVette has a spectacular aura about
I've been researching the same for one of my cars. I've found that some swear by Suntek and others Xpel Ultimate. I have settled on XPel Ultimate because I think the product as is good or better than the Suntek and the warranty is ten years vs. five years for Suntek. The installer is important as another mentioned...wrapped corners, no exposed edges, no stretch marks / distortions.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:00 AM
GMG
GMG is on a distinguished road
Just my quick two cents, I talked to my installer who carries both Suntek and Xpel Ultimate, when pressed with what he would put on HIS car (He's done well over 100 installs) he said Suntek without hesitation. He has found the performance to be the exact same and he said the install was WAY EASIER and therefore came out better. I never want to ask someone to do something they don't want to do, or wouldn't do for themselves.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Like everything there are multiple different expert opinions. Ironically, each can be correct.

I personal chose 3M on all my cars as I know their business will be around in years ahead. Most installers only push the product they carry.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM
ptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of light
MTO 3M is one of the worst films out there. Sorry but that is a fact. Simply looking at the amount of orange peel in the material says enough. But then when you start looking at the adhesive (entirely too strong for paint... and is incredibly difficult to get off the car), the top coat which tends to crack after 5-6 years, and the fact it is not self healing its easy to see they have an inferior product. I have been installing film now for 12 years and test all the new films that come out. 3M has always been one of the bottom films. I used to install Ventureshield Ultra but between 3M taking them over and using the same adhesive as the Scotchguard film and the fact it si nto self healing, it was an easy switch to Xpel Ultimate and Suntek when they came out with their films. Both companies have been around a long time; Xpel specializes in PPF, Suntek in both PPF and window tint. 3M only has a huge corporate name going for it. That's it. And if you look around at tall the top installers around the country you are hard pressed to find anyone using 3M. There is a reason for that. I suggest you give either film a try... you will be very impressed. We carry both films because we believe they are the best two out there. But between the two we prefer Suntek slightly over the Ultimate film as it performs very well and is smoother.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
XPEL Ultimate and SunTek TopCoat are the only self-healing films I'm aware of. We use them exclusively. SunTek has a cleaner look with less orange peel. Easier to work with as well meaning it can be stretched and contoured better. XPEL Ultimate is amazing as well but when it's cold, the adhesive tends to not play nice. As others have mentioned, find the best installer you can afford and the rest will take care of itself.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
GMGRacing will become famous soon enoughGMGRacing will become famous soon enough
We have great experience with Xpel Ultimate and we do offer thorough installs in which bumpers and other body panels are removed to hide all the seams

Old 01-22-2014, 04:55 PM
rjohnson79 is on a distinguished road
I personally recommend Xpel the Ultimate over 3M, I had the 3M film on BMW M5 and after my wife scraped the hell out of the car I had to go back to the guys who installed it to replace it for me (she's not driving my cars anymore!). That's when I found out about the XPEL Ultimate and my guy recommended it and I went ahead and replaced the rest of the film because it had a 10 year warranty which included yellowing which I had noticed since it was silver. That's why I went ahead and got my Porsche 911 protected with the XPEL Ultimate clear bra this time around! I'd recommend Xpel and only the ultimate because it's self healing! I don't know if you live in San Diego area, if so give Autoshield a try you wont be disappointed!

Old 01-22-2014, 05:31 PM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ptmobile
MTO 3M is one of the worst films out there. Sorry but that is a fact. Simply looking at the amount of orange peel in the material says enough. But then when you start looking at the adhesive (entirely too strong for paint... and is incredibly difficult to get off the car), the top coat which tends to crack after 5-6 years, and the fact it is not self healing its easy to see they have an inferior product. I have been installing film now for 12 years and test all the new films that come out. 3M has always been one of the bottom films. I used to install Ventureshield Ultra but between 3M taking them over and using the same adhesive as the Scotchguard film and the fact it si nto self healing, it was an easy switch to Xpel Ultimate and Suntek when they came out with their films. Both companies have been around a long time; Xpel specializes in PPF, Suntek in both PPF and window tint. 3M only has a huge corporate name going for it. That's it. And if you look around at tall the top installers around the country you are hard pressed to find anyone using 3M. There is a reason for that. I suggest you give either film a try... you will be very impressed. We carry both films because we believe they are the best two out there. But between the two we prefer Suntek slightly over the Ultimate film as it performs very well and is smoother.
The exact same thing I heard from my installer. 3M is way behind the curve compared to Suntek/Xpel. My installer also prefers Suntek over Expel. He carries both as well.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rjohnson79
I personally recommend Xpel the Ultimate over 3M, I had the 3M film on BMW M5 and after my wife scraped the hell out of the car I had to go back to the guys who installed it to replace it for me (she's not driving my cars anymore!). That's when I found out about the XPEL Ultimate and my guy recommended it and I went ahead and replaced the rest of the film because it had a 10 year warranty which included yellowing which I had noticed since it was silver. That's why I went ahead and got my Porsche 911 protected with the XPEL Ultimate clear bra this time around! I'd recommend Xpel and only the ultimate because it's self healing! I don't know if you live in San Diego area, if so give Autoshield a try you wont be disappointed!
We also recommend the XPEL, we have had nothing but good luck with it!

Give us a call if you are in the Southern California/San Diego Area